chapter 6 Tournament

Mk's pov

Mk woke up, feeling far more energetic than most days. It was tournament day. The day, and only day he could become a knight. His life long dream. Mk got dressed in a easy to move outfit. It was like a turtle neck, but it was sleeveless. It stuck to him like leggings. But it was comfortable and movable for Mk. He grabbed Monkey king's staff, ( who he let Mk keep cuz he's retired.) Put on a mask that resembled a monkey. The mask was smooth, fit his face like a glove. It looked like pure gold, the monkey mask had on a sly smirk. It fit Mk's aesthetic perfectly. Mk made a mental note to thank Mei. He checked for his parents, seeing them either bot awake or gone, he rushed out. Making his way to the stadium. The stadium was huge, Even then that was a understatement. It was decorated to the brim with the country's flag. And colorful decorations. It was made out of many shiny ores that always made the place look new. To say the king liked fights and tournaments was a understatement as well. Mk couldn't help but let his mouth hang open. Lucky for him his mask covered his mouth, so he only seemed idiotic for standing there too long. He noticed this quickly and started walking again. The inside seemed even better, stands for people to sit on seemed endless. The clearing where fighters would fight was huge, of course. That was all Mk could see, from the huge line he was in. He grumbles slightly, slowly walking up as the line moved. They were doing a registration..again. Mk could see people who were going to watch walk ahead, feeling his own annoyance grow ever so slightly. Finally, after what felt like hours, it was his turn.

" Hello. Please say your name and turn in your slip that approves your said age." The lady said. A patient smile on her face.

" Right. I'm signed under as Mk. Short for Monkie kid." Mk spoke softly, wanting to keep his mysterious persona up.

" Alrighty. Slip please." They said keeping their smile. To a point it started to freak Mk out. He handed over his slip and they examined it. Hands gripping it gentle to not wriggle the paper. " Thank you. That is all. Enjoy the fights and good luck!" Mk nodded, walking towards the entrance. Anticipation started gnawing its way into Mk. He saw the other contestants and jogged towards them. Noticing the glares and stares he received.

" Hey, pipsqueak. Wrong area. Watchers go over there." A rough looking guy said. Pointing to the seats. Mk stared at him, and replied softly, but loud enough to hear.

" I'm pretty sure I'm in the right place." He looked away, tapping his foot.

" Hmph. Don't start crying when someone beats you to a pulp!" He mocked again.

" yeah, it would be bad on your reputation if you did, wouldn't it?" Mk mocked back, it wasn't a good insult. But he knew it annoyed the big man. That alone made Mk content. The larger man growled at him and turned his gaze away. The horn went off and the participants were told to come out when their name was called.

" Orange thunder, Come on out!"
A tiger looking demon with revealing clothes walked out.

" Mighty fist, come on out."
The man who had insulted Mk walked out. Giving Mk a glare before leaving.

" Iron goutlet, come on out!"
A heavy looking man wobbled out, his namesake in his fists.
Other participants were called, until eventually he heard.

" Monkie kid! Come on out!" He got up, nervousness creeping up on him. As well as excitement. The crowd cheered loudly. he adjusted the mask, making sure it wouldn't fall off. He stared at everyone and waved. Before following everyone back. Now, it was time to wait for his battle.