12. The First Day is always the hardest

The sun sneaked into the room, decided to bother a sleeping boy.
Mk groaned, but his eyes opened. He yawned, getting up slowly. He was surprised to see an outfit similar to the one he was wearing on the dresser. It had the knight of the bull kingdom stitched onto it. Mk figured this was his uniform, he slipped onto it easily. He yawned once more and brushed his hair and used his bandana to push his hair back. He went out and towards Redson's door, he knocked, hearing nothing but Redson snore. Mk opened the door, he examined the room. It was a mix between a science lab and a room, science was a building thing, having been helping very much for people who didn't have much magic. He didn't understand why someone as powerful as the prince was interested in something viewed by many as weakness. He ignored the nagging question, at his boss's bedside.

" Good morning M'lord. It's time to wake up!" Mk said, noticing a clipboard with his name on it. It was the prince's schedule, he read it, memorizing it. After he was finished with the last word, the prince yawned, slowly rising. " Good morning, M'lord." Mk said softly, making the red haired demon jump.

" Jeez! What are you doing here!" Redson demanded, Mk stares at him with a bored expression.

"The first thing on the agenda is your daily duties of organizing patrols for any 'wild' demons, or any rouges and bandits that could potentially be a threat to the kingdom." Mk reported, Redson looked like he was about to speak, " That takes place after breakfast. Shall we get ready? The maid have already prepared an outfit. Do you need assistance?" Mk questioned, looking directly at Redson. Who's hair was flaring up little by little,

" I CAN DRESS MYSELF NOODLE BRAINED-MUSLE HEAD!" Redson declared, burning the wooden ceiling. Mk nodded, a slight smile on his features. He walked out, closing the door with a click. He leaned on the door as he waited, jumping as he heard clothing slide against skin. Mk  ignored it, waiting until he heard the knob. Looking at Redson, he had dressed in what the maids set out. Completely different from yesterday, it was a black suit with a red tie, and black pants that faded into red. His scoffed, walking towards the diner hall. Mk followed, hands behind his back. They met with Redson's parents, the king and queen. They nodded In acknowledgment at the prince and knight, Mk nodded back, Redson stormed to his seat. He stood behind him, smelling the mouth watering breakfast. Consisting of Pancakes, coffee, eggs, bacon, Toast, donuts, muffins, etc. Mk was visibly shook from the amount of food, making Redson snicker evilly. Mk's eye twitch at the action, but he pushed his anger down. Of course, he'd get stuck with the spoiled son.

                             ~☆~
Mk stood straight as he closed his eyes, tired from the events. Right now,
Redson was working on routes for knights to take for trade. His father passed on the job to his son, saying as future king, he should get some practice in. Redson, apparently, jumped at the idea. But alas, the prince stared at the empty paper. As time awfully went slow, Mk couldn't help but move various body parts. He had to bite his tounge to keep from yelling out.

"Ugh! This'll be the end of me!" Redson complained, leaning his head back, eyes closed. He rubbed the bridge between his nose, in a somewhat calming manner.

"Sir, if I may, what seems to be the matter for you to go that far?" Mk asked patiently, thanking the gods he was given an opportunity to speed up the process.

" Why would I want help from a miserable peasant boy like you?" Redson shot back, ironically, with fire.

"Sir, I may come from a peasant background, but please do not disregard my abilities." Mk said, his tone raising from the disrespect. Redson opened his mouth to speak, then closed it. He sighed, giving Mk a defeated look.

"Alright..what are your suggestions.." Mk smirked at his victory.

"Here. There are a group of bandits, as I am sure you are aware. And there have been reports saying people are going missing there, mostly from signs of sirens. So the best case scenario is to go over here, it has a softer ground, and weak demons put soliders could easily kill. And, bonus, this a perfect place to hide in the trees and ambush the bandits." Mk finished, having pointed at each spot he spoke of. Redson looked impressed, and disappointed, probably from not having thought of that himself.

"Very good." He said. Writing down what Mk had said, and then some. He let out a tired, but relieved sigh. Leaning back in his chair.

"My majesty, it is not good to slouch." Mk reminded.

"You sound like my mother.." He taunted.

"Your mother, the queen, wouldn't appreciate you comparing her to a lowly knight like myself." Mk simply reminded. He huffed, sitting up stright. He stretched, his arms going up high, his shirt following. Revealing his sensitive stomach. "Shall I ready you for bed?" Mk asked, Redson stared at him, Before nodding. Mk smiled gently, turning the chair around so the prince faced him. He undid his hair, and it flew down in scattered of wavy, warm, bright red hair. Mk gently grabbed his glasses, placing them on the desk. Then took off his shirt, folding it neatly and placing it in a hamper for a maid to collect. Redson seemed embarrassed to be shirtless in front of the knight, for whatever reason. Mk gave him a shirt and pants, pajamas. He closed his eyes as he heard Redson slowly take off his pants, then slip the others on. Mk opened them again, grabbing the shirt and putting it on. He turned Redson around again, softly brushing his hair. It was very soft, and warm to the touch. Mk made sure to slide the brush In a gentle movement. His hands barely grazing the prince's scalp. Once the hair was nice brushed, Mk readied the bed. Cushioning the pillows, straightening the sheets and covers, and letting room and area smell like lavender. "Your bed awaites." Mk opened the covers, Redson got in, and Mk cover the prince in the warm, as well as cold blankets. "Sleep well, prince. If I am needed, I am next door." He said, not bothering to tuck the grown man in. He went to the door, opened it, and left. Exhaustion finally taking its course threw Mk.