chapter 14. a battle?

Redson awoke to see his clothes set next to him. Neatly folded, his room was cleaned, and his curtains were up. Illuminating the room with the sunrises' glow. Redson, having just woke up, felt calm for the warm sensation the sun had. He had guessed Qi Xiăotiān was the one who had done this. Yawning, he put on the clothes. Brushing his long fire like hair. And walking out, immediately to be startled by his 'bodyguard'.

"Hello, sir." He replied coolly, a tired look in his gaze.

"God, don't stand next to my door!" Redson shouted, his hair blazing up a bit.

"Understood." Mk let a yawn escape, Redson raised an eyebrow at.
They both continued down the hallway, making their way to the dining hall. Once again, they had seen the table full of delicious breakfast.

"Morning son, Mk." The king nodded towards the two, Redson nodded back, Mk did a short bow.
After eating, Redson went into his study. Looking at the paperwork, Mk stood at his side, waiting patiently. Suddenly, an explosion happend, Redson breath was caught in his throat as he felt warm hands on his arm. He was spammed onto the ground, feeling someone above him. He looked and saw strong arms holding themselves, instantly, he recognized the Knight's arm. He heard Mk growl, one arm reaching upward, then, Redson felt the weight lift. He shot up, turning around to Mk. His mouth dropped, seeing the hole in his room, debris scattered everywhere. Redson saw Mk holding his head, he swatted his hand away. See the gash on the side of his head, Mk's eye forced close as blood spilled down his face, his features.

"God! That looks horrible!" Redson exclaimed, his hands fidgeting close to the other's face.

"I'm fine." Mk quickly said, softly smacking Redson's hand away.
Another explosion went off, farther away, Mk immediately reacted. Grabbing Redson's hand and dragging him up. They ran towards the exit, having to dodge bits of the palace that fell on the floor. They heard chaos all around them, screams, grunts, swords clashing against eachother. Mk felt the hair on his neck raise, people were dying, and he was abandoning them. Mk's teeth clenched, he wanted to save them, he really did, but..Redson was his priority...he felt a tug, then the warmth his hand a clasped onto was gone, Mk whipped around facing the prince. His face was red with fury, his hair sparking.

"YOU'RE JUST GOING TO IGNORE THE CRIES FOR HELP?!" the prince yelled, "you're the most useless knight ever! How could you ignore the needs of others! YOU MADE A VOW!?" he continued to yell, veins popping on his forehead. Mk stared at him, his expression unreadable. His face was fearfully blank. "Your not going to say anything? How cou-" before Redson could continue his insulting rant, Mk slapped him. The red mark from the other's hand presenting itself on his face. Redson was speechless.

"My job is to protect you. If you want more people to die because you want to complain, go for it. But I'm not disappointing their majesty." Mk spat, venom edging his tone. Redson was stunned silent, seeing the fury in his knight's eyes. His mouth was gaped open, his body shaking at the words.

"...sorry." he mumbled loud enough for Mk to hear.

"You can make it up by compiling and let me protect you." Mk went closer to him, placing his hand on Redson's shoulder. His eyes glazing with remorse as he stared at the mark.
He grabbed the prince's hand, running out the palace. They burst out of the door, making it out into the garden. They stopped, catching their breath. Suddenly, they heard a loud, large roar.