Chapter. 15 Taboo

The loud roar startled to two, Mk's hair standing on edge.

"Wait! That's my father!" Redson exclaimed, looking up at the direction. Mk followed his gaze, not being able to see anything. Gritting his teeth, he grabbed Redson about to jump. But he was tackled before he could, he immediately jumped back up. Growling at who did it. He gasped, seeing a walking corpse. Its eyes were hollow, limbs falling apart, the teeth rotting. Redson gasped. Getting into a fighting stance, Mk growled, growing furious. The dead corpse rushed forward, their rotten teeth gaping open to try and bite Mk's flesh. Mk easily dodged, lifting his leg swiftly. Kicking the zombie on the gut, sending them flying, the force of the lick and air sending broken limbs flying. Redson reacted, sending flames in the air, burning the attacking corpse to a crisp. The two covered their noses, the smell of burning flesh covering the air.

"Lets get out of here." Mk told Redson, the prince nodded in agreement. They rushed out of the garden, blood and flames following. The wind picked up, swishing the rubble harshly. The two looked around finding the queen using her fan to aggressively squash the undead with bits of the palace.

"Mother!" Redson screamed, she looked at her son, looking absolutely relieved he was okay. Mk walked next to him, happy the queen was okay.

She hugged her son, squishing him in her embrace. "My son! You're okay! Thank goodness!" She cried, letting him go. She looked at Mk, her smile fading as she saw the wound on Mk's race. The blood drying, Mk hadn't had time to check on the wound, nor clean it. "How did you get that?" Her voice became calm, her gaze fierce.

Mk was a little overwhelmed, but spoke. "An explosion went off in the prince's room, I took the blow with my body." He answered honestly. The queen looked pleased, yet angry at the same time. It confused Mk, and also scared him.

"I honor your bravery, Mk, BUT HOW DARE THEY TRY TO HARM MY BABY!" she screeched, using her fans to crush the dead rushing at them.

"Mother, what's going on?" Redson asked,

"Taboo! That's what! One of our sorcerers tried to summon the undead, but it went wrong and they attacked!" Mk could subtly see a vein about to pop on the queens' head. Another roar went off, but it was one of fear. Everyone froze as they realized it was the king. Mk could feel his muscles jolt, before he could think, he rushed towards the voice. His monkey like flexibility allowing him to move through the rubble. He felt a burning sensation, and glanced, seeing Redson joining him. They found the voice, gasping as a giant horde of zombies were covering the king. A hooded figure holding their hand out, and holding a book, undead leaping out of their hand.

Magic

It was the sorcerer the queen was talking about, he didn't summon the dead on accident, he summoned them to attack the empire! Mk gritted his teeth, furious. Jumping down. He kicked a zombie, the wind from his kick clouding around and pushing more off. Flames joined in, and burned them as they flew off. The king was able to move and flew up, roaring a mighty roar of anger. The dead flew off him, some futilely scratching his back, trying to stay on.

Redson looked overjoyed his father had stood up, "Father! You're alright!" Mk smiled, but it faded just as quickly as it appeared, seeing blue fire shoot for the king. He used every ounce of strength he had to kick the king out of the way, the king-who was holding his son- let out a grunt as he was knocked over. Redson gasped, as the blue flames engulfed the knight.

"MK!"