💓||CHAPTER 9||💓

DITYASHRI'S POV:-

I don't know what's wrong. Hardik didn't even look at me properly while the wedding rituals were going on. The family members have been a bit indifferent, except Daadi and Shubman. My other brother in law Ishan also didn't talk to me properly, rather, we didn't have a proper conversation yet.

I overheard him telling Shubman that he still couldn't believe that Hardik accepted me. Why did he say so?

Also, the thing which shocked me the most is the girl who came to take away Ayaan that day was Hardik's sister Jagriti. Maybe that's the reason she didn't attend the engagement party. She isn't happy to see me as her sister in law, just like Ishan.

She just talked to me once and that too was a taunt as well, which truly made me think about what she was trying to tell me about.

"The light colour of your mehendi shows how much my brother despises you. Welcome to your own trap,"were her words, and I didn't understand what she truly meant. Why will Hardik despise me? What trap did I make?

I bid a tearful bye to my parents and left for my new home with lots of confusion and dreams at the same time. Irony, right?

Our car moved into the premises of the Hillcrest Mansion and I looked around through the window

"Dekh lo acche se, itne bade ghar mein rehena sapna jo tha tumhara humesha se,"Hardik spoke finally as he had been quiet throughout the wedding and remained so the entire way. But what he said sounded quite bitter and I said,"no, that's not true. I never dreamt of living in a luxurious mansion."

Hardik scoffed at my words saying,"drop your act now Miss.Sen, I know everything."

"Kya matlab?"I asked, not being able to understand anything.

"Oh I'll make you understand everything, just wait for a while,"was his harsh reply, and his tone startled me.

The driver opened the door of the car and Hardik got down, followed by me, and he walked ahead, pulling me behind due to our sacred nuptial knot(gatbandhan)which I held, following him up.

We stood at the door of the majestic Hillcrest, my new home, but it didn't give me the vibe of a home, firstly because my mind was full of mist now due to Hardik's behaviour, and secondly because nobody cared to welcome us.

Daadi called everyone and it seemed like the family stood near the door reluctantly because of her command.

"Aarti ki thaali laaya jaay, Jigyasa aur Indrakshi, humare bahu ki swagat kijiye dono milke,"Daadi said.

"Why not Maa, aao Indrakshi, swagat karte hain,"Jigayasa Aunty, I mean Mom, said, but even her tone sounded like a taunt.

She held the huge tray and walked towards us, while Hardik stood impatiently beside me and said,"jo karna hain jaldi kijiye, I don't have time for all these."