EP4: Why does he remind me of Zo?

Joong was reluctant to say that he had gotten used to the noise since Dunk came to their nest. It felt a little unsettling that it was now back to silence. He noticed that the colours were gone. Dunk had took down whatever coloured decoration that he had put up.

Joong was pleased that he does listen to instructions, despite the attitude. But he was no where in sight. He asked Kot if he knew where Dunk was as he walked by. Kot shrugged.

"How would I know? You told all of us to not interact with him, so he's on his own." Joong cursed himself. Zo had mentioned time and time again to not give out instruction when he's angry. He always regrets it after. That fledgling was still new to the Aydin nest. Pond and Phuwin would have his head if anything were to happen to him. 

Zo would be disappointed. 

He looked everywhere, but he was no where in sight.

He wouldn't walk out of the manor at this time of the day, would he?

He opened the back door and saw the red coat walking towards greenhouse. This was the first time he felt grateful that Dunk wore that cursed red coat. It was easy to see him from far. He grabs the golf umbrella and rushes towards Dunk. He drags him back by the collar of his coat. Dunk had yelped.

"What do you think you're doing?! Even if you are immune to sunlight, do you know how dangerous it is to go out during mid-day? You would have turn to dust with that amount of heat!" Joong's face inches away from Dunk as he shouted.

"I just wanted to pick some strawberries." Dunk looked at him innocently. There was no fear in his eyes.

"Strawberries?" Joong looked at Dunk incredulously. It was at this point, Joong felt his brain malfunction. Why would a vampire want strawberries in the middle of the day? Why would they want strawberries at all?!

"What.... Don't judge me. I like strawberries. I can still taste sweet stuff." Joong relaxed his hold on Dunk's coat. He remembered Zo saying the same thing, which was why they had a greenhouse. It was a strawberry farm built to satisfy Zo's sweet tooth.

"You should ask Pok. I'm sure they would have stored some in the kitchen." Joong said as he got lost in the memories of Zo. Dunk had gleefully rushed off to find Pok.

Why does Dunk remind him so much of Zo?

~Please vote if you like this EP. It drives me forward. Khoorp khun na kha~

Do comment to let me know your thoughts. 😊😊 

---

A/N: curious isn't it 🤔🤔🤭🤭 How are you all finding the series so far? 

If time allows, I may update this series and The Ties that Bind Us together during the weekend. If not I'll still be alternating between the 2. We'll see how it goes. Do stay tuned. 😊😊