⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯ 46 ◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

I tilted my head to the side, Ever's blade cutting skin deep, as Laurent threw the dagger at me with lightning speed.

I rammed my elbow into his side and the hands around my waist fell as hot red blood was coughed all over my back. Ever's stunned face went pale as I stepped away from him. The hilt of my dagger stuck in his throat; the blade was gone— completely burred in.

I shuddered as he fell to the floor, hands flying to his neck, trying to feel what had happened. The dagger fell from his hand as he pulled it out of his slit throat, his last moments quickly coming.

I couldn't watch as he crawled to Laurent's feet with guttural breaths. I'm numb even through I could feel the blood on my back quickly turning cold.

Laurent bent down as Ever's strength quickly faded as he grabbed onto the crown with his other hand. His loud, rasping breathing stopped.

This is what I wanted.

I wanted this— why would I want something so tragic?

What is wrong with me?

Tears rolled down my cheeks as Laurent closed his brothers lifeless eyes. "I'm sorry," I whispered.

I'm so sorry.

This was supposed to be a good thing.

I was supposed to finally stop the heart of treachery from inflicting pain and fear. I wanted to stop the threats that loomed over me.

"It's not your fault," he said, almost empty of emotion as he looked at me. The crown was on his head, and his brothers bloody drag marks on his face.

It feels so wrong, but fear is still holding onto me. I'm still scared. It didn't go away. It didn't stop.

I don't understand him or his actions. All this time, I just don't know what he wants from me.

"Is this all? Don't you understand now what I mean when I say I love you?" He asked, standing up.

I don't want him to come closer; he's still holding onto the dagger.

"I love you, Anna."

I shook my head. He has to be lying. What's the point of loving me? What does he get out of it all? All these feelings—I don't know if I want them. I just don't.

"Just tell me-" I stepped back as he came forward. "Tell me, please. What is going on inside that head of yours? Do you not love me back?"

"Stop- stop it, Laurent. Just don't come any closer," I said, feeling as if I were standing on thin ice. Why? What do I do, or what did I do? Why is he still here?

Laurent didn't come any closer, but I didn't feel any more calmer than I did a second ago. I can't understand his expression. Hurt? Pained? Scared?

If I have something he wants and I give it he'll leave.

"What? Just tell me what you want from me, and I can give it to you. I can tell you anything you want me to say. I can keep a smile on my face every day. I can do whatever you ask of me. What is it! What do you want?"

I'll be fine— I can try to do what he wants. I don't want him to go.

His eyes glazed over, "I guessed everyone is the same to you. Not even after I keep telling you I would do anything for you without asking for anything back?"

That doesn't make sense. "You can't lie to me. I'm not that dumb to believe that. How can you just say that? You want something, just tell me?" I stated.