⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯ 5 ◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

Alice woke me up. Her questions flying out her mouth faster than I could realize I survived the night. I want to fade back to sleep, but she grabbed me, making me stand up in a rush.

"She needs help; you need to help," she begged. Dragging me to the side of the room where the girl is still lying.

"What's wrong?" I still feeling groggy. Alice bent down as my eyes adjusted to the dark room. It's late at night, and I'm worn out. Why does she always bother me when I'm tired?

The moon shone from a hole in the roof. I can feel cool air flutter in from it. Alice jerked me down with her. My knees stung as I finally got a good look at the girl.

Her skin is pale white, and her eyes are marred and covered in dried blood. Bandages are wrapped around her head and eyes in an attempt to suppress the bleeding. They ran around her neck and down to her hands. Her left thigh tightly bound by a belt.

"Help her," Alice pleaded with so much emotion it hurt. "Please," she begged.

I don't see what I can do. She's bled out on the rocky ground, I can't stop that from happening. I nodded. Alice's bunched-up shoulders fell with relief. She looks so much older and worn out, as I look at her.

"I can help," she said, but I shook my head. I didn't have to say much as she looked back at the girl; Alice is just as exhausted out as me.

"I should get to work," I whispered. Prying her hand from the girls. She nodded in a daze and went over to where Dowin was sleeping. She lay down next to him, and the moment her eyes closed, I could tell she was asleep.

I watched with tired eyes as her chest rose and fell in a steady rhythm. I turned back to the beaten-up girl next to me.

"What do I even do?" I put a hand on her chest to feel for her heartbeat. A moan escaped from her mouth, scaring me as I pulled away from her. Seconds later, the air fell from her grasp. The last wheezing cough she let out echoing a moment later.

I stared at her chest. The instructions on CPR rushing through my head. But I can't get myself to touch her again.

"She can't feel anymore," I said to myself, stepping away from her. She's fine. Better dead now then waiting till the torture stopped. I took a shaking breath and went back to where I was sleeping.

I'm feeling unnaturally cold as I laid down. As if something is crawling under my skin. I scooted closer to Leo, looking over at the blanket Laurent held. Closing my eyes only when I was sure the baby is still breathing.

"It's fine." I shivered.

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

Leo's warm. His skin burning up against me and making me hot. I can't sleep. Every position I move into is uncomfortable. I sat up, feeling frustrated.

"Leo," I whispered.

Beads of sweat are like a second layer of skin on him. I compared our temperatures; he's having a fever. His forehead is scolding.

I gently shook him. "Leo, wake up." I need to get him to wake up. He's not even moving. Frantically, I stood up. Taking the pouch next to Alice and spilling everything out into the early morning light. Searching for something, anything, to help with his fever.

If his fever gets worse then he'll burn alive. He'll die.

"What are you doing?" Laurent shifted to look over. He's half asleep as he checked on the baby next to him.

I snatched up a small box and read. Ibuprofen, pain and fever reducer. My fingers are numb, and I fumbled to open the box's lid. Dropping the box as I accidentally rammed into Laurent.