⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯ 27 ◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

I stretched, yawning as I turned in bed. Laurent put a finger to his lips, signaling to keep quiet, seeing that I had woken up.

I sat up quietly, looking around our childish fort now in the sunlight. It seems Laurent only woke up a few minutes before me. His hair was a warm mess of ruffles as he folded his blanket close by.

I stopped myself from staring at him, instead trying to get my heart to beat normally as I braided my messy hair.

The smell of something savory drifted over as I heard someone cooking breakfast. I guess we slept in since Leo was already out of the fort.

Laurent pointed to where Alice was still sleeping, tightly cuddled into Ronin's side. His protective hand at her side. I felt a warm flutter in my heart as I watched Ronin carefully pull Alice's blanket back over her without moving from her side. Ronin spotted me, quickly signaling for us to leave so we wouldn't disturb Alice.

I pulled my feet from the blanket and quickly folded it next to my pillow like Laurent did with his. We both quietly snuck out of the fort, trying not to smile like idiots.

The kids were okay. Irene was still sleeping on the pillows Laurent placed her on. Milo was strangling his pillow in his sleep as usual.

"Good morning," Leo called out as he laid down a few plates on the table. I marveled at him as he untied the strings of the soft pink apron he wore and folded it onto a chair.

"It is a good morning," Laurent said as he playfully flicked my forehead.

"Good morning to you as well," I replied as I glared at Laurent with a smile.

"You woke up just in time; I finished making breakfast," Leo said as we three sat down. I felt my stomach growl as I gratefully took the food Leo gave me.

"You're an angel. Thank you so much!" I beamed. Laurent nodded in agreement, and we all cheerfully had breakfast. I helped wash the dishes, and Laurent put them away. Leo covered Ronin and Alice's food, leaving it for when they woke up.

"What are your plans for today?" Leo asked as he strapped on his weapon. I tidied myself up a bit in the bathroom as he and Laurent got ready at the front door. I looked out from the open door before looking over my outfit once more. I still wore the white t-shirt and black jeans, but I didn't bother tucking them in.

"I want to meet with the villagers who were here before us. Then I want to talk with the captain," I stated as I walked over. Wow, I still don't even know her name.

"I'll go with you," they both said in unison as I pulled my shoes on.

"I won't be doing anything too exciting. It's better if one of you goes and the other checks on the people and how their housing situation is going so far," I stated as we walked out of the house.

I'm grateful Ronin was in the house. I'm not quite ready to just leave the kids and Alice without someone to protect them.

"Or we can split the day between us," Laurent offered as I led the way to Herald's house.

Split the day? I guess it would be better; after a while, one of them might get tired of being with me for so long.

"Then I'll stay with her while you go do something useful," Leo stated as he fell into step with me, and Laurent scoffed in exasperation. He stayed with us until he was sure we found Heralds home.

Grace opened the door and let us in once I knocked. I felt surprised as everyone's gaze turned to me, a gathering of women in the living room suddenly made me feel out of place.

Grace cleared her throat before introducing me. "This is Anna, the wonderful lady I was talking about."

Do I bow?