Trinity of Entanglement Seventeen

Start from the beginning

She rolls her eyes and pushes me towards him, and goes on her way with Lorna. Introducing her to Zariah and then taking her toward Xena.

Zane pushes me outside and looks around for anyone who may be listening in and after some thought, mind links me instead. ‘Have nothing to say. Just witnessed that entire scene that took place and thought I would save you from the wrath. Annalise looked like she wanted to castrate you and rip Lorna’s head off.’

‘What? No, damn, she’s fine! I’d love to fuck her! Coming from you, Zane? That’s a new one for me.’

‘Well, Lorna is hot, but she doesn’t compare to Annalise. She sure as hell doesn’t come remotely close to Crissy. It’s funny what true love can do to a man. I love Crissy. I think I always have. Annalise is my best friend. My love for her is something different. Didn’t realize what true love was until I allowed myself to settle down, you know.’

The world has ended if Zane is talking about true love. But he has a point. Lorna doesn’t come close to comparing to Annalise. She’s new and it has to be the hormones of a teenager taking over and riling Xavier and me up. Would do nothing to jeopardize our relationship. I’m convinced she is our mate, and I’ll hold true to that. If she turns out not to be my mate, I’ll simply reject my mate and be with her. She’s all I’ve ever wanted.

‘Look man. I know I’m the last person you want to be getting dating advice from. But don’t go there. Don’t let your mind wander. Annalise is the real deal. Besides that, if you hurt her, I’ll kill you. Even though you’re like a brother to me.’ He smirks, flings the door open and strides back to Crissy. Pulling her up to straddle his hips as he crashed his lips to hers.

Strutting back inside, I amble over to Annalise with my head held high. She’s conversing with all the girls and guys from our pack, as well as all the guys and girls from the ancient crescent moon pack. Yet Finley is on the outskirts looking in. Suppose he’s doing his best to stay as far away from Annalise as possible.

It’s crazy how most all the guys and even Calissa from the ancient crescent moon pack have established relationships with the few girls we have in our pack. Dante and Zariah can’t seem to keep their hands off of each other. They have this moonstruck glow about them any time they are close to one another. Jarek and Calissa have also grown close. Then you have Declan, who has captured Xena’s heart. Not that I like what’s going on with Yarrah, but she’s bouncing between the twin gamma’s of the crescent moon pack Sloan and Tavish. Would be the craziest thing if everyone wound up being mates.

Pulling Annalise into a tight embrace from behind, I nuzzle her neck with my nose, and whisper in her ear, “My apologies, sweetness. Please forgive what happened moments ago. My actions were uncalled for. Can’t even try to comprehend what happened. I just…”

She cuts me off by placing two fingers on my lips, smiles warmly and whispers in my ear, “It’s fine, Xillon. Now you know how it was for me when Finley and I met for the first time. Neither of us had any ability to control our actions. We are together and that’s all that matters. We’ll stick with our agreement, right? Be with one another, no matter what the outcome is. Rather, we are mates or not, we will choose each other.”

Sighing with relief, I grin, place a chased kiss to her cheek, then brush my lips softly against hers. Her scent of watermelon and rain soothes my senses, and I take pleasure in the zap of electricity that courses from our joined lips that shoots down my spine and warms its way to my toes. Our connection isn’t as strong as what I felt with Lorna, but we are together and that’s all that matters, like Annalise said.

LORNA

Never thought I would need to reject my mate, because Finley and I knew we would end up being fated mates. Our bond has always been magnetic and electrifying. So intense that by the time I was thirteen and him fourteen, we could no longer keep our hands off of each other. But now all of that has changed, after meeting Xillon.

When our hands connected, it felt like every nerve and cell in my body were set on fire. Most often I get the same feeling with Finely, but not so intensely. Xillon could never compare to my Finley, but damn, they could be twins. They look so much alike, body build, height, hair. It’s his hypnotic light grey eyes that have me completely infatuated.

Is it bad that I’m jealous of Annalise? With those long thick waves of luscious dark brown hair and light blue eyes. She’s lean with taut muscles and curvy in all the right areas that guys go crazy over. Whereas I’m built like a man. I’ve got an ass and boobs, but she’s so feminine and absolutely gorgeous.

Couldn’t bear to watch them loving each other any longer, so I searched the crowd for Finley. Why wasn’t he here with me? Better yet, why is he on the outside looking in, gritting his teeth, with anger marring his features? Am I being too obvious, or what?

He doesn’t even flinch when I wave for him to come over to me. Could be, because he isn’t even looking at me. He’s looking past me. Turning my head to look behind me. I see the source of his anger. Xillon and Annalise seem to get even cozier with one another than they were just a moment ago.

Xillon, whisks her up bridal style and carries her up a flight of stairs. Which, to my surprise, makes me want to stalk over to them and rip her head off. My wolf Skylar perks up and snarls, ‘He is our mate!’

‘No, Skylar. Finley is our mate. He always has been and always will be.’

My anger skyrockets tenfold when I glance back at Finley, to see him watching them until they are out of view. Shaking his head with a low growl forcing its way from his throat, he finally looks my way. His eyes widening as he realizes I caught his actions. No doubt I look murderous right now.

Skylar snarls and starts pounding at me to take control. ‘I am going to kill her!’

Twisting around, I sprint to the door, bang it open and start ripping my clothes off. After the long flight and drive to get here, I don’t have the strength to hold her off. Barely made it down the last step of the porch before transforming. We dart off towards the forest, howling with so much anger, eardrums could burst.