Comforting Him (LM)

Start from the beginning

He immediately opens it - it's a new luxury shampoo. He hums at that. He has been meaning to try out a new shampoo just to spice things up a bit. He will only use luxury products, of course - the cheap ones would just ruin his hair.

When Y/N gets home, she finds Lucius in the bathroom about to jump into the bathtub. She hums. "I see you found your first present... Mind if I join you?" she asks in a playful tone.

He looks up at her with a smirk on his face. "Not at all, darling" he purrs.

With a wave of his hand, Y/N is as naked as he is. He helps her into the warm water, sighing in pleasure when he's also in the water himself.

"Would you like me to wash your hair?" she offers. Lucius merely hums, too relaxed to say any words.

Chuckling, Y/N grabs the new shampoo and starts washing his hair. She gives him a nice scalp massage, resulting in Lucius making some delicious noises. The new shampoo smells delicious, too...
______________________________

As the days pass by, Lucius finds the presents quicker and quicker. This little present hunting game has surely cheered him up, he feels much better than before. Y/N knows how to cheer him up.

Today is the twenty-fifth of December, Christmas Day. Everything is ready for the day - the tree, the decor, the food, the presents... Unbeknownst to Lucius, two special guests will arrive soon.

Suddenly, a house elf announces that the guests have arrived. That confuses Lucius. "Guests? You didn't mention any guests, Y/N" he states, raising an eyebrow.

Y/N smiles. "Surprise... Why don't you go and see who's out there?" she suggests.

Shrugging, Lucius decides to do so. When he spots them, he can't hide the surprised look on his face.

"Severus! Draco..." he says, the name of his son barely above a whisper. He hasn't seen his son since Narcissa died. Draco moved away from Malfoy Manor after the war, and the father and son have barely communicated since then.

There hasn't been a day where Lucius didn't miss his son, and now, he's here in front of him...

Lucius is taken aback when Draco hugs him. "Happy Christmas, Father... I missed you" Draco says, sniffling. Lucius sniffles as well.

"I missed you too, Draco... Happy Christmas" he says, giving his son a teary smile.

As Draco enters his childhood home, Lucius doesn't hesitate hugging his dear friend. "Severus, I can't believe you are here! All these years, and now you've finally decided to spend Christmas here! Happy Christmas!" he exclaims in a cheery tone, hugging his friend probably a little too tightly.

Severus rolls his eyes, slightly tapping Lucius' shoulder. Either to comfort him or to make him stop, who knows?

"I know... That girlfriend of yours convinced me. Happy Christmas, Lucius" he mutters. Y/N persuaded the Potions Master to be social for once. What he won't do for his friend...

All four of them sit by the dinner table and start eating the Christmas feast. The father and son catch up on each other - apparently, the boy has befriended Harry Potter in their seventh and final year. He has also befriended the other Gryffindors... Including the Muggle-born girl. That surprises Lucius, but he doesn't say anything negative. He's happy that they have made peace and have become friends.

Lucius also finds out that Minerva McGonagall is now the Headmistress, and that Severus will stop teaching once Draco graduates.

"Yes... I will be teaching until my Godson graduates. I wouldn't want to miss that day, would I?" the Potions Master merely says.

"How are you and Mr. Potter getting along, Severus? I know you two didn't like each other before" Y/N carefully asks, though clearly curious.

Severus huffs. "We tolerate and respect each other now... I at least tolerate the boy" he mutters. The others laugh at that.

Later that evening, they exchange presents. And Lucius has a very special one for Y/N.

"Open it" he encourages, clearly excited and impatient.

As Y/N opens it, she gasps. It's an engagement ring.

Lucius kneels in front of her, grabbing her hands in his. "Y/N Y/LN, you make me happier than you can even imagine... Will you marry me?" he asks, trying his best to hide his nervousness.

Y/N looks deep into his eyes for a while. She then smiles. "Yes! Of course I will!" she squeals. The two lovebirds embrace each other and share a passionate kiss.

"Gross!" Draco exclaims, making the same disgusted look just like Severus. Yet they both then laugh and clearly agree about something else - they are very happy for them.

Thanks to Y/N comforting Lucius, he no longer has nightmares. And the two of them will live happily together as a married couple.
———————————————

Author's note:
The next one shot "Forbidden Love" (vampire! SS x Ravenclaw! reader) will be published on 1/2/2024!