Falling in Love in the Past (LM)

Introduction:
Y/N Y/L/N and her best friend, Harry Potter, decide to go on a mission together. They decide to use Hermione's time turner to save everyone they have lost during the Wizarding War. As they save everyone during their fourth till seventh year, Y/N unexpectedly falls in love with the enemy - Lucius Malfoy. What will happen when they return back three years after the end of the Wizarding War once their mission is over?

PS: This is a request from an anonymous on Tumblr.

Word count: 4.4k

Published: 1/11/2022
———————————————

TW: Blood, knives, snakes and mentions of death

It's three years after the Wizarding War ended - Voldemort died, the Order of the Phoenix won.

However, it came with a cost - they lost a lot of people. A lot of good people they knew - friends, family, professors.

Sighing, Y/N Y/L/N is staring out the window of Grimmauld Place, observing the rain. If only they could have saved everybody...

"Hey, what's up, Y/N?" Harry Potter, her best friend, asks her as he sits down next to her.

"Oh, hi, Harry. I was just lost in thought" she says, giving him a sad smile.

Harry looks at her empathetically. "You are thinking about them, aren't you? Everyone we lost?" he questions.

He has been thinking of them as well. Every day.

Y/N merely nods, looking out the window again. Sighing, Harry gets lost in thought as well. If only there was a way-

"Wait a minute, Hermione's time turner!" Harry suddenly exclaims.

Turning her head to look at him, she gives him a confused look. "Her time turner? Harry, I don't think it will work. Even if it would, there's no way Hermione would let us use it. You know how much she's against it" she tells him.

Harry sighs. "I'll plead with her. Us three did use it to save Sirius and Buckbeak after all" he says before looking sad again. Sirius.

Sirius died because Harry couldn't distinguish between reality and dream - Voldemort tricked him.

The boy is still angry about it to this day - and most of all, angry with himself. Sirius could still be alive right now...

Y/N slowly nods. "Okay. But you do know that it will be different this time, right? We won't merely go a few hours back in time, but years. We could mess everything up easily" she says, looking worried.

Harry nods, looking determined. "We will just make sure that won't happen" he says.

The two of them then apparate to the Burrow. Ever since Hermione and Ron finally confessed their feelings to each other, they have been inseparable.

Of course, they do hope to find their own place someday instead of living with Molly and Arthur. And George.

The poor guy has had it rough ever since the death of his twin. It's like he lost a part of himself.

Ginny lives with Harry and Y/N in Grimmauld Place. She is Harry's girlfriend, after all.

As they appear in front of the door, Molly Weasley immediately opens it as she greets them in a motherly hug.

"Harry! Y/N! So good to see you! Come in, come in" she says as she practically drags them inside.

As they enter the living room, they see Arthur Weasley reading the Daily Prophet while George is drinking a cup of coffee, sketching something down for his prank shop in Hogsmeade.