The Full Moon (werewolf! SS)

Introduction:
Severus Snape has a secret - he's a werewolf. His girlfriend Y/N knows, but she has never seen him transform before. What will happen when they forget about the full moon during their date in Hogsmeade?

This is a request from an anonymous on Tumblr. Thank you for your request!

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 10/23/2022 ———————————————

Word count: 958
Warning: Scars and werewolves

Severus Snape has a secret that very few people know about. The Potions Master is a werewolf.

During the werewolf prank when he was a student himself, Remus Lupin almost killed young Severus while in his werewolf form. Not only that, but he bit him as well - making him a werewolf.

Severus often has nightmares about that night in the Shrieking Shack - especially when the full moon is approaching. He always feels lonely and scared when the transformation is about to happen.

He always fears if he's going to hurt someone... What if he hurt someone he loves?

Luckily, as he's the Potions Master, he always makes sure to brew Wolfsbane Potion to himself. It helps him somewhat control his actions while he's transformed.

He always hides the many scars on his body - scars from his Death Eater days, scars from his transformations. At this point, he's got more scars than he can count.

The only ones who know about his secret are Albus Dumbledore, Minerva McGonagall and Severus' girlfriend, Y/N Y/L/N. The young woman has often offered to stay with him during the full moon, but he refuses her offer every time. He cannot bear it if he was to hurt her when he's supposed to protect her.

When he told her his secret, he was sure that she would leave him - but she didn't. Instead, she's been very supportive, always reminding him to take the Wolfsbane Potion. When the full moon is slowly approaching, she hugs him tighter at night and assures him that everything will be okay.

She always admires his scars when they sleep together or take a bath together - the scars that he's so ashamed of.

After the full moon is over, Y/N along with Albus and Minerva check on him, making sure that he's okay. Y/N always soothes him by hugging his trembling body.

"Shh, it's okay, Sev. You are safe, nothing happened" she whispers to him every time.

Right now, he and Y/N are on a date in Hogsmeade. They are talking, laughing and drinking butterbeer.

Severus grabs her hand and rests his cheek against it, sighing in content. He honestly has no idea what he would do without her. She's such a loving and supportive girlfriend. He's truly grateful that she's in his life. He feels so much love and adoration for this woman in front of him.

He kisses her hand gently. "I love you" he whispers.

Y/N smiles. "I love you too, Sev" she whispers back.

As The Three Broomsticks is closing, he and Y/N decide to go back to the castle. They are walking hand in hand, enjoying their time together.

Suddenly, Severus stops in his tracks.

"Severus?" Y/N questions, sounding concerned.

Severus widens his eyes, looking scared. "No... Y/N, get back to the castle! Run!" he yells.

Confused, she looks up at the sky. She then widens her eyes as well. Oh, no! They completely forgot what day it is... Tonight is the full moon.

"Y/N, run!" Severus repeats. However, Y/N isn't running. She's still standing right in front of him.

"Severus, it's okay..." she assures him. She doesn't want him to be alone, not this time.

As Severus is about to yell again, it's too late. He's slowly transforming in front of her, his clothes torn apart.

This is the first time Y/N has ever seen him in his werewolf form. Most people would probably imagine seeing a dangerous, feral beast. But instead, all Y/N sees is a big, scared, black wolf in front of her.

Y/N slowly approaches. At first, Severus growls. However, she isn't scared.

She gently pets him, showing him that she isn't afraid of him. Severus goes from growling to lying down on the ground, making a sound that clearly tells he enjoys it.

Y/N can't help but chuckle. "Does the big bad werewolf like being petted?" she asks, rubbing his belly.

He howls as if saying "Yes".

Suddenly, Albus and Minerva run towards them. "Y/N- Oh my Goodness!" Minerva exclaims, looking shocked.

Albus smiles. "Who would have known that Severus acts as a playful puppy when he's a werewolf?" he says, chuckling.

"I guess we were wrong... Perhaps he isn't a danger. But we possibly couldn't have known since he never let us be with him during the transformation" Minerva states, sighing.

Y/N smiles. "You never have to be alone now, Sev" she tells her werewolf boyfriend.

After that day, Severus is always with them during the full moon. Now that they know he isn't a danger to anyone as long as he remembers to take his Wolfsbane Potion, the Headmaster has allowed him to be inside the castle. Everybody now knows about the Potions Master's condition.

Whenever he sniffs his way towards students out of bed while in his werewolf form, he growls at them. It obviously scares the students, but Y/N assures them that they are safe. He's simply being Severus Snape, not liking dunderhead students. Especially the ones who don't follow the rules.

The students aren't sure if that's a good thing or not - would he consider eating them?

When he howls, she explains that it probably means they are getting detention. That, or losing house points. Perhaps even both. Well, they will know in the morning when he's human again.

For now, Severus will spend his time with his girlfriend, no longer feeling scared and alone during the full moon. He's truly happy that she's in his life - he wouldn't change anything, even if she is seeing him in his werewolf form. Besides, that just earns him a lot of belly rubs - and he does enjoy those.
———————————————

Author's note:
The next one shot "Secret Sub" (sub! LM) will be published on 11/18/2022!

Important: I won't be taking new requests for a while. I'm currently doing a rotation between writing one shots and chapters of Lonely Man, which is why there's such a long time between the uploads. Sorry for the long waiting time! I'm just currently so busy, so I can only post once a week🥲