Shooting Star (SS x Muggle from our world! reader)

Introduction:
Y/N Y/L/N is a college student who loves to read Harry Potter. One night, she spots a shooting star outside her window. She makes a wish - to meet her favourite character, Severus Snape.

PS: This is a request from Encantadiafan12 on Wattpad & Tumblr. Thank you for your request!

Word count: 1.8k

Published: 12/28/2021
———————————————

TW: Mentions of death

In a small apartment in the big city, a young woman sighs in relief as she finishes her ten pages long assignment which is due in less than an hour.

Y/N Y/L/N is a college student in her third semester. She's hard-working and does her best in all her lessons, homework as well.

She loves to read in her free time. Her favourite book series is Harry Potter - she has read them so many times she has lost count.

She loves the movies as well, but there's just something magical about reading it as you imagine in your head what's happening in the story.

Once she has sent her assignment to her professor, she decides to reward herself by reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

When she gets to chapter four, she can't help but chuckle. Bellatrix is questioning Snape's loyalty to Voldemort, and the man has a response to every single one of them.

Y/N loves rereading this chapter - the main reason is because of Severus Snape.

The grumpy Potions Master of Hogwarts is her favourite character from the series, both the books and the movies. He has always been an inspiration to her since she was a child.

She also has a crush on him. Yes, Y/N has a crush on a fictional man. She has always found his appearance appealing - his onyx eyes, his crooked nose, his thin lips, his black hair...

Besides his appearance, his sad story has always touched her heart. He was a broken man who had been grieving since his childhood friend was murdered, but he still kept saving the Boy Who Lived and the Wizarding World.

He risked his life and worked as a spy in order to stop Voldemort once and for all. It worked - Snape himself didn't live to see it happen, however.

Y/N can't help but get sad at the thought. He deserved so much more. He deserved happiness which he never got.

Sighing, Y/N decides to put a bookmark where she left off before closing the book. Once she does so, she notices something in the dark sky of the night. A shooting star.

Quickly closing her eyes and folding her hands, the young woman makes a wish.

"I wish I could meet Severus Snape" she whispers.

After a few seconds, she chuckles. She knows how silly it sounds, one can't simply get their wish just because there's a shooting star. But it's a beautiful thought.

As it's quite late, she puts on her green pyjamas and brushes her teeth before heading to bed. Thank Goodness it's the weekend, she can sleep as much as she likes to. Smiling, she goes off to dreamland.

As she's in a deep sleep, she doesn't notice the stars outside shining more than they usually do. She also doesn't notice a bright light that covers her whole apartment.

She's suddenly awoken by a loud noise.

"What was that?" she exclaims, sounding scared as she covers herself with her duvet as if protecting herself.