Chapter 49: Cooling Down

Jacob:

I scream as A swings me through the air. Pulling back my hand, about to blast A with a telekinesis ball, he must have seen it coming. A lets go of my leg and even before I realize it, I'm skidding against the parking lot, leaving behind a massive trail.

Moaning as I push myself up, I hear the sound of heavy stomping. Still pushing myself up, I turn to see A walking toward me, leaving deep footsteps on the ground. Reaching me before I can get up, A kicks me into the air. While flipping through the air, A shoots out his hand and grabs me.

Squeezing me now, forcing the breath out of me, A then pulls his hand behind him. I follow, flying higher into the sky. As A throws his hand back in front, I'm being thrown back onto the parking lot.

Despite the headaches, back pain, and everything else, I still raise my head. I now see A swinging his hand back and forth. As he does this, I'm now being dragged against the cold black ground. As A drags me around, I scream into the air.

Powering myself up, encasing myself in a holy glow, I shoot out my arms and break out of A's telekinesis grip. Quickly pushing myself up, before A can do anything else, I turn around and face A.

A is slightly red and steaming. I am glowing a pale yellow and white. As we stand and stare at each other, we both pull back our hands. Throwing our hands out, we both unleash attack.

Even with his memory loss, A somehow shoots a blaze of fire at me. I fire a beam of light at A but the fire quickly eats it. Seeing the blaze as it gets closer to me, I change plans and stomp my foot on the ground, cracks appearing all around me. I slam my hands into the cracks and pull out a large piece of ground.

Throwing the piece, it travels through the fire and at A. The piece of ground hits A, knocking him back a little. It forces A to pull back his hands and stop the fire. The second the fire stops and I can see A, I charge toward him. Screaming as I charge, I pull back my fist before throwing it forward.

A flips through the air after I hit me. He bounces up and down a few times before catching himself. I follow him, pulling back my arm. Throwing it forward, hoping to punch A again, A moves faster than expected.

A steps back and dodges my punch. As he steps back, A turns around and swings his arm. I shoot my arm up and block A's swing. A turns counter-clockwise and jumps into the air. He shoots out his hands and unleashes another blaze of hellfire.

To dodge the hellfire, I jump and fly into the air. I try to fly away from the hellfire but A grabs my foot before I can and throws me into the hellfire. Immediately, I feel the effect of the hellfire as it burns its way through my glow.

I scream and shake as the hellfire cooks me.

"Ahhhh!"

A:

I scream as I shoot fire from my hands, burning Jacob. As the hot flame hits me, Jacob loses his glow and starts turning red.

"Ahhh," he screams, his skin catching on fire. He shaking and twitching uncontrollably. He screaming so loud, it is the only thing I can hear. As I watch Jacob burns, I could not help but smile.

"Hahaha," I laugh. "Hahahahaha!"

There is something oddly satisfying about this. The more I watched it, the more I could not stop laughing.

"Why am I laughing," I ask myself. "I have never laughed before. And why am I laughing at this? Jacob. He...he took Alieen. He took Alfred. He took Matt. He hurt Lafayette. He is my enemy but still. I should not--I should not be doing this!"