Chapter 4: Direction

The Kid:

"Please don't hurt me," Drew screams, covering his face. "I swear, I didn't see anything! I won't tell anyone what I saw!"

"Of course, you will not," I say, examining the bruises all over Drew's body. They are not too bad. Small and only a slight red, I estimate these kinds of bruises would heal in a week. However, I have no intention of waiting a week for answers.

Holding my open hand over Drew, it starts to emit a sort of light. My entire palm glowing, I quickly hover my hand all over Drew and in a few minutes, all his bruises are gone.

"What the," he cries, looking all over himself, checking his hands over and over. "What did, what did you do?"

"I healed you," I answer, "And now, I will be reading your mind."

Entering Drew's mind, I start to look around for any information on either Aileen or Diana. Any memories that can tell me something more about the two. It takes a while but finally, I find what I am looking for.

"Alieen's address," I say to myself, smiling.

Before leaving Drew's mind, I remember to erase the events of the last few minutes. Once finish, I exit Drew's mind and let go of him.

He moans as I let him go. Stumbling for a bit, Drew rubs his forehead before finally looking back at me.

"Who," he starts, shaking his head and rubbing his head. "Who are you? Oh wait, where are these two?"

Looking around himself, Drew starts to jump around.

"Where are Jim and Spencer?"

Drew bringing up his shaking fists turns to me.

"They're gone," I say, crossing my arms. "You should be gone too."

"Uhh," he says, rubbing the back of his head. "Okay."

About to leave, I stop him, shooting out my hand and grabbing his arm.

"Wait," I say, "May I ask you a question?"

"Sure? Do I know you?"

"Kind of. Anyway, which way is Feron Boulevard?"

Still a little confused, Drew gives me some directions and I thank him. Once he is out of the alleyway and out of sight, I take a step before teleporting back onto the skyscraper's roof. Looking around, eyeing the streets' names, I think about what Drew told me.

"Let me see, let me see. You take this street all the way until this street and then turn right."

Teleporting from rooftop to rooftop, I see the apartment building where Aileen is supposed to be living in. A thin brick building, it is a pale blue color and is two-story. Teleporting and reappearing right in front of the staircase, I walk up and knock on the door.

Letting out a breath as I pat down my clothes to try and look presentable, I stop when I hear something on the other side of the door. It sounds like something heavy and made from metals had just fallen, and now there is a mix of people shouting at one another.

"Sorry," someone says, "So sorry about that. I will, I will clean it up later."

"Matt," someone else yells, "I told you to be careful. That was supposed to be our lunch. Now, what are we going to eat?"

"Calm down," Matt I think replies, "Calm down. I'm sure we can think of something."

Sensing they have forgotten me since their lunch is no more, I knock on the door again.

"Okay, okay," a third person says, "You two just please clean this up. I'll go see who's at the door."

A few seconds later, someone opens the door to greet me.