Chapter 47: Two vs Two

A:

Jumping and flying into the air, Jacob and Moses charge toward Lafayette and me. I swing the lamppost in my hands but Moses flies underneath and uppercuts me. I drop the lamppost as I am thrown into the air. While Moses follows after me, Jacob tackles Lafayette, pushing her to the ground before rolling and throwing her somewhere.

"Lafayette," I shout. I want to go and help her but I cannot. Hearing a battle cry, I look down to see Moses approaching me from below. Pulling back his fist, I pull back my own fist and throw it forward. Our fists collide and send a powerful shockwave throughout the cold night sky. However, I am only slightly pushed back. Moses, on the other hand, is sent falling down. He lands back in the parking lot a few seconds later, disappearing in a massive dust cloud. Flying toward the dust cloud, I stop myself from entering it. Instead, I swing my hand, grabbing and throwing all the dust away. As I throw the dust away, I see a large empty pothole.

"Empty," I yell. "Where did he go?"

I snap left and right, searching for what the man known as Moses could have gone but do not see him anywhere. I close my eyes and listen. As I focus on my listening, I hear the sound of someone grunting. Following the sound, I turn around to see Moses picking up a whole truck. Standing underneath the truck, raising it with both his hands, Moses then throws the red pickup truck at me. Using my telekinesis power, I grab the red truck and throw it to the side. Turning back to Moses, I see him once again charging toward me.

I swing my arm, trying to punch Moses but Moses jumps into the air, flying right over me. Now, hovering behind me, Moses wraps one of his arms around my neck. Strangling me, I grab Moses's arm and prepare to throw him but before I can, Moses shoves something against my back. Whatever he shoves against my back burns my skin.

I scream as the sound of sizzling is burnt into my ears. Biting my lips, I shake right and left before throwing Moses off of me. Moses flips through the air for a few seconds before stopping. Turning around, I can see what Moses is holding.

"A cross," I say, eyeing a medium-sized, yellow cross right in Moses's hand. He clutches the cross tightly in his hand as he brings it up. "Shoot."

I rub the still-burning spot on my back. As my fingers touch it, it shoots out an almost unbearable pain. To stop myself from screaming again, I have to bite my tongue. Breathing in and out through my nose, I cross my arms as Moses charges toward me again.

Lafayette:

Screaming as Jacob punches me, I fall to the parking lot ground, skidding against the cold stone. Even before I can push myself up, Jacob grabs and raises me up. Holding me face-to-face with him, I can see red in Jacob's eyes. Jacob doesn't even hesitate as he places his hand against my chest.

Shooting out a telekinesis blast, the blast carries me back into dinner. Falling onto the counter, I slide along it, hitting all sorts of things like ketchup bottles and napkin holders. I, the ketchup bottles, and the napkin holders all slide along the counter until we hit a wall and fall onto the floor.

"Ahhh," I sigh. Shaking some ketchup off my hand as I push myself up, I look up to see Jacob slowly flying in through the broken window.

"You choose this path," Jacob shouts. "You made me and Moses do this. You had a mission but you chose to abandon it!"

"I didn't abandon the mission," I yell, pushing myself back onto my feet. Once I'm back on my feet, I wipe my mouth. "My mission was to find the demon leader and bring him to you. I find the demon leader."

"And what," Jacob says, cutting me off. "You brought him to me?"

"No," I say. "I found the demon leader but he's not the demon leader anymore. He's A now, and he's not a bad person. Come on, Jacob. You must have seen it yourself!"