Chapter 24: First-Aid

Shadowy Figure:

Spinning and throwing the so-called leader into the air, I watch as he hits the street, at least 20 feet from where I'm standing.

"What the hell," one of his flunkies says. He gets off A and runs toward me. When he gets close, he pulls back his arm and punches me. However, as he punches me, his hand bends behind and his knuckles turn dark purple. The young teenager shakes with wide eyes as he pulls his hand back. He stutters for a bit before screaming at the top of his lung.

"My hand," he cries, dropping to his knees. He cries and screams as he stares at his bloody hand.

"That's something," Alieen says, stepping back after seeing the crying teenager. We hear screaming and turn to see A burst out from underneath the three teenagers on top of him. They all fall to the ground, moaning and groaning.

"Alieen," A screams. He looks at Alieen before turning to me. The second he sees me, he steps back. "You! Alieen, Alfred. Run!"

A then jumps into the air and punches me in the face as he lands. Hitting and flipping me over, I fall to the ground. While on the ground, A grabs my neck and pins me down.

"Leave them alone," A shouts, splitting right in my face.

I grab A's hands and place my feet against his stomach. Kicking and throwing him over me, A skids against the ground, leaving behind a trail in the street. By now, all of the teenagers that tried to fight us have left, crying and limping. They shouted a few things at us as they leave but it doesn't matter. What matters the most is that Alieen and Alfred are gone.

"Wait," I think, looking around. "Alieen and Alfred? They are gone, but where? This is a bad place to be. Especially at night! Those bastard teens already prove that. I have to find them before something can happen."

I prepare to teleport away but before I can, A screams and charges right into me. He wraps his arms around my stomach and before I know it, the two of us are teleported onto the rooftop of a building. We roll around, grabbing and punching each other. Stopping with A on top of me, A grabs my neck collar and slams me against the rooftop.

"Enough," he yells while looking around. "We have just teleported, and I did not do it! You have the power of teleportation! And I saw you throw that young boy! You also have the power of super strength! I am willing to bet you have many more powers! Exactly like me. Tell me who you are! Who are you? Wait. No. I have a better question. Before, you kidnapped Alieen but then just left her alone. Now, you appeared out of nowhere once more. You tried to fight me, but when you heard Alieen and Alfred scream, you left me to go help them. Who are they to you? Do you know about the others? Do you know about Matt and Lafayette?"

Before he could ask me any more questions, I slam my hands against the sides of his head. Accidentally letting me go, he screams and stumbles away. While he shakes his head to get rid of the ringing, I use this small opening to run. I push myself up and run to the ledge of the building.

"Hey, wait," A says as he chases after me. However, it's no use. As he reaches the ledge, I teleport away, disappearing out of sight. Disappearing and reappearing to the street, I land on my arm and scream. However, it wasn't the landing that hurt. It was A.

"Even without his memory," I think as I push myself up. "Or his full power, A is still too strong. I know I should've called for help, but I can't let the others know about this. I have to handle this quietly. Before it draws some unwanted attention."

Holding my arm as I look around, I scan for any sign of where Alieen or Alfred could have gone.

"The punks went that way, so Alieen and Alfred must have gone the other way."

I look at the street the punks went down and turn around. I then follow that road.

Alieen:

"Are you okay," I ask, leaning Alfred against a wall.

"Yeah," Alfred replies, sighing while rubbing his arm. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," I say. "I'm fine. In case you've forgotten, I wasn't the one that got beaten up."

"Oh please," Alfred laughs, "This isn't beaten up. Beaten up is when Leia throws me over her. Remember that?"

I laugh as well.

"Yeah, I remember. It was about a year ago. You never would think by looking at her, but she sure is strong."

While Alfred and I laugh for a bit, I look around. I managed to carry Alfred a few blocks away but I still don't think we're safe. The street we're on is empty and most of the street lamps are off. This looks exactly like the street we were on before. The street where we were attacked by those teenagers.

"Ahh," Alfred moans. He shakes a little and I'm about to do something but stop with my hands frozen in mid-air.

"What to do," I ask, "What to do? What to do? I'm studying to be a social worker, not a doctor. I have no idea what to do."

I look all over Alfred again. He's covered in bruises and his arm is bleeding a little. I search my pockets for anything useful but all I have on me is my wallet and half a package of chewing gum. I'm about to chew the gum and use it as a bandage but Alfred stops me.

"I know what you're thinking," Alfred says, grabbing my hand. "Please don't."

"I don't have any bandages," I say. "This is the only thing I have that is even remotely close to a bandage."

"If you want to help me, then just give me the stick of gum."

I waste no time and give Alfred all the gums I have left. He only takes one and throws it into his mouth.

"I feel better already," he moans. I shake my head as I pocket the rest of the gum.

"I told you," I say. "I told you I didn't want you or anyone else involved in this. I told you it was dangerous."

"And I told you we're all helping you," Alfred moans back. "Whether you want us to or not."

"But--" I try to say but Alfred cuts me off.

"No," he shouts. "No. No more. No if, and, or but. Alieen, you are one of the most caring people I know. You cared about everyone and everything but you don't care about yourself. We do. Matt, Leia, and I care about you. And, while Leia may not show it, I'm sure she also growing to care a little about A like Matt and myself."

"A little," I repeat.

"A little," Alfred repeats. We both laugh again, but Alfred's laugh turns into a panic scream. "Behind you!"

"What?"

I turn around and see the shadowy figure from before, standing almost directly behind me. I jump and fall back down.

"You," I cry.

The figure ignores me. It seems like he was focused on Alfred. He grabs Alfred and lifts him up.

"What are you doing," I shout, pushing myself up. I run to his side but he stops me with a raise of his hand. He then points to the bruises around Alfred. As he is showing me the bruises, the figure holds out his hand.

Alfred and I watch as a small ball of light forms right in the figure's hand. He slowly moves the ball of light toward Alfred, until it presses against his chest and then disappears into me.

"What," I say, falling back down. However, the figure catches me and pulls me back up. Once I'm standing again, he shows me the bigger bruise, the one on his arm. I watch as the cut on Alfred's arm being to heal itself. It takes only a few seconds before the cut is completely gone.

"You," I stutter, trying to form the right words. "You heal Alfred?"

The figure nods his head.