Chapter 22: More or Less

Leia:

I can literally see dozens of question marks all floating above the heads of Alfred, Matt, and Alieen. Oh, and A as well. The question marks are all shaking left and right, all bouncing up and down. A lot like everyone's heads.

"Uhhh," Matt says, putting up a finger. "

"Well," Alfred goes on, snapping his fingers over and over. "You see, uhh."

"The plan is for us to," Alieen starts, making small circles with her hand. "To do something. The plan is for us and A to do something. And."

This goes on for a while. At some point, Matt, Alfred, and Alieen all start making sounds instead of forming actually words. It isn't until A steps up and speaks that they all stop.

"We do not have a plan," A shouts with crossed arms.

"Yeah," I say, coughing and rubbing the back of my head. "I kind of figured that much."

"Hey," Alieen says with a swing of her hands. "Yes, we may not have a plan, per se, but that doesn't mean anything."

"It doesn't," I ask.

"It doesn't," all the guys repeat.

"Yes," Alieen says with her head bobbing up and down. She's not nodding. Her head is just bobbing up and down like one of those old figurines. "Yesss. The fact that we do not have a plan or an idea of where to start or even where to begin doesn't mean anything. We will come up with all of that later. For now, for now, for now."

Alieen's head is still bobbing up and down.

"Okay," I think, "I can't watch this. I have to do something."

I get up and take over.

"For now," I say, pointing firmly at the floor. "For now, we will just go on with our normal lives. Our normal, every day, before A came in and mess it up, lives."

"Leia," Alieen says but I put up my hands to block her gaze.

"Until we have something to go on. I mean, what else can we really do? If A doesn't remember anything about himself, then how are we supposed to jog his memory?"

"We could try taking him to places he had already been," Matt suggest with a raise of his hand.

"How would that help me," A asks.

"It's something done in movies and television shows," Matt answers. "You see, the notion is that by taking you to places you have already been, places you're familiar with, it could trigger something in your head. Something like flashbacks."

"Matt," Alfred says, "This isn't a movie or a television show."

"And yeah, standing in our living room is a teenager with dozens of literal superpowers, his favorite out of all them being telekinesis."

"Okay. You got me there."

"I vote we try that. Who's with me?"

"I," Alieen says, raising her hand with Matt.

"I," Alfred says, raising his hand with Matt and Alieen.

"Nah," I say, raising my hand against Matt, Alieen, and Alfred, "But not for the reason you guys think. I have somewhere I need to go so I can't go sightseeing with A."

"Shoot," Matt screams, slapping his face with his hand. "Oh shoot. That reminds me. I have a study session I have to go to. Oh god, I'm going to be late. Listen, I'll, we will help later but for now, we have to go. Come on, Leia. We can take the car. Where do you need to go? I can drop you off."

"It's fine," I say stepping back. "It's fine. You go to your study session. I can walk. It'll be fine. See guys later, and best of luck with the whole visiting old places thing. Bye."

With that out of the way, I nudge my head and Matt follows after me as we leave the apartment.

"I'll see you later," Matt says as he jumps into the car and drives away.

"Hey," I shout, cupping my mouth with my hands. "Slow down! You just ran a red light! I'm not helping you pay another speeding ticket!"

I shake my head and ignore the people honking their horns. I pull out my phone while walking down the street.

"Hey," I say, "Yeah, it's me. No. No, nothing yet, but I could use some advice. Got time?"

A:

"So where to," Alfred asks, clapping his hands together.

"What do you mean," I ask.

"Where to," Alfred repeats, "Where are the three of us going?"

"I do not know," I answer.

"Were you listening to Matt? He said we should try going back to a few of the places you have been. So, where have you been lately?"

"Here," I answer. "I have been coming here almost every day this week, and with all due respect to Matt, nothing here is really reminding me of anything."

"Okay," Alfred says while nodding his head. "So our living room isn't helping you. Hmm, I have an idea."

"It's not based on a movie," Alieen asks, "Is it?"

"More or less," Alfred says with a shake of his hand. "It's based on Matt's idea."

"You mean his idea to take me back to the places I have already been to."

"Yeah, that idea. A, listen. You can't remember anything about your past, but what is the first thing you do remember?"

"The first thing I remember," I repeat to myself. "The first thing I remember. That is easy. That is when I woke up in an alleyway. Shortly, after two men attempted to rob me."

"What," Alieen and Alfred both say. "Two people tried to rob you?"

"Yes, but it is fine. While they were trying to rob me, I discovered my telekinesis power and blasted them away."

"Wow," Alfred says. "What happened afterward?"

"Well, after knocking them out, I just wandered around. I search for any information on myself to no anvil. I found the gas station. I discovered I had a few more power and learned how to master them. Nothing special."

"Nothing special except for the power," Alieen whispers.

"Come on," Alfred says with a nudge of his head.

"Where are we going," A asks, following Alfred as he opens the front door.

"To the alleyway," Alfred answers. "Like I said, more or less. That alleyway could hold some answers for you, A but we won't know until we check it out. Do you remember where it is?"

"Yes, but are you sure? It had been two years since I have woken up in that alleyway. Even if there is an answer there, it could have been taken away by a person simply digging around."

"Or maybe something could still be there," Alieen says, closing the door. "You never know. Either way, we're going. Lead the way. Come on. Matt took the car, but there's a bus stop nearby."

"Bus," I repeat, stopping almost immediately. "Nooo. Not the bus again. I hate the bus. I hate the bus."