Chapter 48: One vs Two

A:

Screaming as Moses punches me across the face, I stumble back while holding my chin.

"Ahh," I moan, feeling the burning on my chin. I look back at Moses to see him still holding the yellow cross. Still looking at Moses as he puts his hands together, he pulls back one of his hands before throwing it forward. Recognizing the move, I cross my arms and brace myself. As expected, Moses threw a telekinesis ball.

The telekinesis ball hits me, almost knocking me off my floor. However, despite skidding against the ground, I stay on my feet. Copying Moses, I put my own hands together, summoning my own telekinesis ball. Pulling back one of my arms, I throw it at Moses. Moses copies me and crosses his arms but unlike me, he can't withstand it. Moses is knocked off his feet and thrown onto the ground. As he is rolling away, I hear Lafayette screams. Turning my head, I see both Lafayette and Jacob in the dinner.

From where I am standing, Jacob is doing something to Lafayette. His hand is in her stomach. It looks like he is trying to pull something out of Lafayette. Running but stopping, I turn to see a small car. Placing my hand underneath the front of it, I throw it at Jacob. The car flips through the air as it crashes into the dinner. As the car crashes into the dinner, breaking all the windows and knocking down the roof, it grabs Jacob's attention and forces him to back away from Lafayette.

With Jacob away from Lafayette, I use my power to teleport, appearing right in front of Lafayette.

"Lafayette," I say, dropping down to my knees. Whatever Jacob did, it knocked Lafayette to the ground. As I try to help her up, I can see she is exhausted. She is breathing heavily and sweating. "Lafayette. Are you okay?"

Lafayette tries to answer me but she doesn't. Instead, she is gasping for air. It takes a while but finally, Lafayette can answer me, but it is only in small breath.

"Jacob," she starts, "Jacob...took...my power..."

"Jacob took your power," I say. "Your angel power?"

Lafayette nods her head.

"Can you still fight?"

Still time, Lafayette shakes her head. She points at me and then at Jacob and Moses. I do not even have to read her mind to know what she is saying.

"I am on my own," I say. I look at Jacob but he is still somehow buried beneath the car. Seeing a small opening, I grab Lafayette's arm and put it around me.

"I am teleporting you out of here."

"No...," Lafayette moans. "The...The others...Alieen...Matt...Alfred...Need...us..."

"Exactly. They need us. That means you cannot be captured by your old friends. Hold on."

As I prepare to teleport away, Lafayette and I jump when the car I threw explodes. Scrap metals and glass flying toward us, I stand in front and hold out my hands. Using my own body as a shield, I protect Lafayette from any of the shrapnel. Waving the smoke away, I see Jacob walking through the two halves of the broken car.

"You," he says just before jumping and flying toward me. I look to the side and see one of the broken dinner chairs. Quickly picking it up, I grab the end with the metal pipe and swing it, hitting Jacob with the seat.

Screaming as he flies out of the dinner, Jacob bounces up and down before stopping inside the parking lot. Dropping the dinner chair, I look back at Lafayette.

"Come on," I yell. I try to grab Lafayette but she pushes me away.

"No," she yells, startling me. As I step back, Lafayette falls back onto the floor, once again gasping for air. "I...I'm...I'm not leaving..."