17|| the big thing

Start from the beginning

"Believe me, they don't flow out just like that," I utter.

"And I am the reason for that reason," he muses.

"You have always been the reason for them," I mock him.

"Ouch! I am hurt," he taunts back, standing an inch away from me. His gun traces my forehead, making sweat prick at my back. He drags the nozzle of the gun down my face, leisurely caressing the curve of my neck. I fix my gaze on his face, refusing to look down at the gun. If I do, I'm sure to faint. His eyes move down to the crook of my neck as he drags it down to my collarbone.

"Jokes apart. It's time for action."

I close my eyes; the sensation of the gun on my skin feels strange. Opening my eyes, I look straight at him. I can't let him see my vulnerability. He loves to use it against me. The manipulative demon in him will mold it into something that puts me at his mercy.

"What do you want?" I dare to ask him, earning a deathly glare.

"Good question." He drags the gun straight, circling me, making me look nothing less than his prey. Now the gun drags on my shoulder. I regret wearing an off-shoulder dress. The way his eyes roam on my skin brings a deja-vu, layering a tint of lust and desperation for me.

"I hate you. Is that enough of a reason to make you stand at gunpoint?" My back arches as the gun skims down the curve of my spine.

"Are you confessing before killing me?"

Silence from his side, just the heat of his body and his hot breath caressing my skin. Slowly, he utters, "You still have one chance left. I will kill you after the third chance. Does it sound fun?"

A painful smile curves on my lips, "You want to kill a dead body?"

"Naah! I will bring life in you just to kill you."

"Just like the last time."

"Worse than last. The way you killed me," he puts an end to the conversation.

"As for now, you must pay for breaking the rule."

My brow creases, "What pay?"

"For lying in the deal. Now, it's time for the punishment." His dark husky voice makes me unknowingly clench my thigh. I press my thighs together to lessen the burning sensation down there.

"I didn't lie," I say in my best confident voice.

"Accept it. I might consider your strong-women act," he asserts.

My nostrils flare in anger. I hate that he still knows me so well. "You believe whatever you want. I am not liable to justify myself to you. Quit your act and let me go."

"Fair enough. And about letting go? Like heck I will. You will pay the price, and then you are free to go." Even though I can't see his face, I am hell sure a smirk is lacing on the sharp curve of his lips.

"What price?" The next moment, he presses the gun deeper on my waist, bringing a jolt of pain in my bone, making me arch my back further.

"You'll be sticking by my side the whole night. Until I am done with the big thing I am here for," he announces.

I blink my eyes, "What makes you think I will?"

Just then, the gun is pressed on the corner of my forehead, his muscular arms wrapping around my waist, and my back pressed against his muscular chest. I can feel the rising swell of his chest. "The gun will," he emphasizes.

"Your call. Do you want to be in this big thing or want to be out of this world."

And guess what I choose.