I know the truth can never be hidden. Someday by hook or crook it is going to be out. My husband, a guest for a month, dwells just blocks away, a daunting reality for the days ahead.

To add he is here with his whole family, enough to wreck my gut, twist me in hundred possible ways. What if, clouded my sense. What if, he gets to know I reside just a block away from his residence? What if, he finds about his son, about whom he is completely unaware of? And, what if, I finish the two chances he gave me as a mercy? What will it announce as--impacting my life.

The intensity builds, the attraction to the narrative undeniable, as the impending revelation looms, casting a shadow on the fragile threads holding my secrets.

Why the universe is on my back? Are you blind? There is billion of population roaming out there, go and disturb them. Why me? I want to scream out loud. I lick my dry lips, pushing my stomach more on the cold railing, which traced its coldness through my thin t-shirt.

"Kiraz, are you ready- Hey! What are you trynna do?" Kavya makes her presence in the room, with her loud noisy nose. My grip on the railing tightens, keeping my legs on the floor. I twist my neck to look at her. She throws whatever she held in her hand down on the ground, running to me.

Presenting her little drama act.

Clutching me by my forearm, she shakes me, and like a lifeless body, I shake like a dry leave which latched on the stem.

"Don't you trust me. I would listen to you. You have a child to take care off." she rambles, still shaking me. I stare at her, might I add blankly.

"Why you wanted to jump from the balcony?" She keeps going. I keep staring at her.

"Are you done?" I finally speak up, when she falls silent. My head getting the normal flow of blood, but the dizziness from shaking my head remained slightly.

She scoffs, "You should've waited till my tears had come."

Kavya past her dry cheeks, perking her lips out. Shaking my head at her overacting, I move past her, entering my room. Kavya pursing her interest in acting, has made everyone in the house get accustomed to her over-exaggeration.

I pick up the glass jar, pouring water in the glass to sooth my parch throat. I watch her, as she bends down to collect the fallen things from the ground, thrown out in admit of her overacting.

"Where is Veer?" I pause.

Kavya lifts her head, adjusting her scowl, she replies, "In living room doing his drawing." I nod at her, drinking the water.

"But, what were you doing at the balcony?" She again lifts her head, stopping her work of collecting the jewelries. I refuse to answer her by gluing my lips on the brim of the glass.

She keeps the items on the bed, getting up. She waits for me to complete my snail paced drinking. The scowl remained on her face, with an indication that her mind was running faster than my heartbeats.

"Are you also interested in that daddy?" The next moment I choke on the water. I clutch my throat coughing like an old man, beating on my chest. Kavya flews to me, hitting on my back instead of massaging.

"Why are you," I cough, "hitting my back?"

"Hit!? I should've pushed you from the same balcony from where you were peaking in his house. You traitor." She nags.

When my cough subsides a little, I look at her. Furrowing my brows, I utter, "What traitor?"

"Ooh! You committed the crime and didn't even know about it. Is this how your friendship was supposed to be?"