An argument? Seriously?

Since that night, Ishan has tried to avoid Shubman. And he's gotten pretty good at it. Using 'since' will be an understatement, because it was just the next morning and all the players were on the ground. Ishan just couldn't stop thinking about what happened between them last night. He doesn't know how to interact with Shubman. And what was he thinking, when he was playing his dirty tricks on Shubman?

By god's grace, Shubman was not in the room when he woke up today morning, but this will not happen everyday. He'll have to face Shubman.

"ISHAN CATCH!"

Shardul shouted to Ishan who was so caught up in the thoughts that he didn't realise that the ball was just coming his way from the sky. He turned on his heels and ran to grab the ball, but it was too late. He missed the chance, and not realising his open show laces he tripped, and fell hard.

He groaned as he fell on his right arm. It seemed like the muscles were fighting there. He held his right arm with his left ones and closed his eyes tight, trying to diminish the pain.

All the players on the field, immediately ran to him. The coach, captain, Shubman and everyone. Siraj made Ishan sit upright who rubbed the injured area.

"This is why I tell you to tie your laces properly."

Rohit said, bending down and handling Ishan a bottle of water, who grabbed it and drank some amount.

"I think we should call a doctor."

Shubman suggested and Ishan protested,

"No, I think I can make it."

But Rohit is not gonna listen. He acts hardcore, but he's an ice-cream softly for his team members from inside.

"Of course I'm calling a doctor even if you can make it."

Ishan sighed, not thinking it's a major thing to win against Rohit right now. Siraj and Shardul, helped him stand up and reach the dressing room.

"Are you okay?"

Shubman came to his view when everyone left again for the practice. Ishan just nodded, sitting back comfortably, waiting for the arrival of the doctor.

"Do you need anything?"

Ishan shook his head.

"C'mon man, talk to me. What's always with the head thing."

Shubman snapped feeling irritated by Ishan's always so neglecting behaviour.

"I don't think there's anything to talk about."

Ishan snapped back with almost no emotion in his voice. Shubman didn't want to argue with him but it seemed like Ishan left him with no other choice.

"You know what? There'll be uncountable reasons if I place them together in our 'to talk' list."

Seeing Ishan go silent and sigh, built up the rage in Shubman.

"So you don't believe me? Okay, why do you always blush around me? You'll think like I didn't notice but I'm not as dumb as you are Ishan. Why can't you just leave me alone when I ask you to leave me alone? What's with the filthy truth and dare game which we played last night? You want to answer, huh?"

Shubman said all of that in one breath and as the result, breathed heavily. Ishan looked at him with eyes filled with disbelief.

"It's not like you weren't a part in the game shub! You were the one who gave me the dare!"

Ishan shouted, defending for himself, as any sane person would.

"Hold it there Ishan. What did you think? Hot person huh? I'd refer you as the hot person, and you'd turn away your blushing face as you always do huh?!"

Shubman shouted louder. Ishan couldn't believe his ears. Why were they even arguing? But that's far gone.

"Go away Shub."

"Oh, look, now who wants me to go away," Shubman said with a fake and sarcastic smile,"by the time you'll complete thinking Ishan, I'd have already won this war."

With the harsh words, Shubman walked out in the field leaving behind a hurt and confused Ishan behind.

Were they seriously in an ongoing war?...
.
.
.
And we're back with another chapter. Okay I've a question.

How do you think Ishman is gonna make things right after this big ass argument?

Let me know in the comments 🔺