Chapter 34: Echoes from the Past

Начните с самого начала

Bong frowned as she was confused by what Haewon tried to say. "What is weird?"

"Aish, you know her mother is a single mother, and she is just selling the fish. How could she afford her university tuition back then?"

Bong folded her arms, thinking. "Yeah, you're right. I remember in the year of my daughter, only male students got scholarships at that year," she paused and hissed. "So she didn't get a scholarship. So how?".

"Yah, I heard she was having a rich old man pay for her tuition," said Haewon with a throaty voice.

But Eunwoo could still hear her. He heard everything. But as soon as they started gossiping about the fake rumor, he got up and walked away.

He tried to continue and focus on his work, but what he'd heard just now still bothered him. Did Sera really come back? Did she really get divorced? Did she come back because she was divorced? If she really is, why must it be here? Why?

I was in the kitchen, making grape juice for Eunwoo. I just thought that it was perfect for hot weather like this. I heard the sound of the door.

I smiled because I knew it was going to be Eunwoo. I walked out to the living room, and it's really Eunwoo. "I make you grape juice," I said, and I put it on the coffee table.

I turned to him and saw him still taking off his shoes. After that, he came towards me to sit on the sofa. "Thank you, yn," he said, taking the glass, sipping.

"Yah, it's good," he said, gulping it down almost to half the glass.

I smiled, looking at him like that.

He leaned on the sofa comfortably and closed his eyes.

I just remembered I had something to tell him. I didn't know whether it was a good time to tell him about my problem. Or is it bad because he's tired? But it's not bad to give it a try.

I went to sit on the sofa beside him.

He opened his eyes and looked at me. The way he looked at me made me feel like he didn't want to be with him. "Why are you looking at me like that? You don't like me here?" asked me with a slight giggle.

"I'm smelly," he said.

I giggled, making him giggle with me too.

"I don't mind. And you're actually not."

He scoffed into a smile and then asked me, "Do you want to watch TV? Why don't you turn it on?"

"No, I told you I just want to be here," I said.

"Oh, okay," he said, closing his eyes again. He was actually still bothered by the rumor that Sera was here. What if one day they bumped into each other? After seven years,

I looked at him. Seeing him like this, I guess he's really tired, and I should just tell him later.

After that, I heard him sighing out. Did he have problems with his farm? If he did, I felt more bad about telling him about my problem.

But then, I shook off my thoughts. No, he's not. He's just tired, that's all. I really needed to tell him.

I sat on the bed, leaning against the headboard. I was waiting for Eunwoo. Like usual, he put Jihoon to sleep.

Later, I heard the door screeching open.

Eunwoo frowned when he saw that the light was still on and I was still sitting awake. "Oh, you're not sleepy yet?"