Chapter 33: Old Promise

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean?" asked him.

I didn't say anything, and I went to the stove. The cooking oil wasn't hot yet.

"Do you still hate me?" asked him.

Gosh, this guy. He always acted like nothing had happened. Just like the old days. Not a single thing about him had changed, even after five years.

"Is there any reason not to?"

"You're being funny," he said with a fake giggle.

"You're being delusional," I backfired.

"Y/n"

That voice. The voice when he didn't like what I said or did.

"What do you expect? You're trying to snatch my son. Do you expect me not to hate you?"

"I just asked for visitation rights, and I don't want my son to live under the fake identity that you gave him. He's my blood, my son. Don't provoke me more when I try being nice to you, honey."

"Nice? I don't believe you. There must be a reason why you're choosing that. Why?"

He scoffed when she got him right. He chose visitation rights because he didn't want her to resent him so much. And the kid. He was sure Jihoon couldn't be separated from Y/N. He grew up under her care. Just thinking about that made him really mad. He wished he was there when Jihoon was still a baby.

"This is all your fault," he blurted out.

"What?"

He heard the cooking oil through the phone call as you put the nugget inside the hot frying pan. "You're busy. What are you cooking?" asked him, trying to change the topic.

"Of course I'm always busy as a mother and..." I paused and then smirked at what I wanted to say. "A wife," I knew it's going to provoke him, but this man, it just made me feel good whenever I did that.

I didn't know whether he was still obsessed with me or not, but I just wanted to remind him that I was already the wife of someone else.

I rolled my eyes when I heard him chuckling. It's not strange anymore.

"Are you trying to make me jealous?" asked him with a chuckle.

I frowned. How the damn he always twisted what I'd said?

"Woo, I'm so jealous," teased him.

I sighed. I was right, he never changed. "Keep living in your imagination if that makes you happy."

"Huh, you're the one who keeps telling me about your marital status. Mentioning your husband when I am not interested to know. Honey, are you really trying that hard? Keep living in your imagination when I know you still can't move on".

I almost vomited when he said that. "Listen to me, you psychopath. Please fucking disappear on me. You're the one who is coming to me again and fucking trying to take my son from me. Who can't move on? Me or you?"

He scoffed and laughed. Then a short silence ran between us.

"Me," he said with a very clear, serious tone.

I frowned. I didn't expect an answer from him. He should be speechless.

"But, honey, I think the most right answer is us. I know you got married just because you wanted to get back at me. Come on, y/n, I know that. You still love me."

My frown deepened. This man really lived in his imagination. "Keep living in your imagination, you psycho."

He scoffed out of laughter. "Why do you hate me so much? You didn't answer me yet," he said.