Chapter 27: Judgmental People

Start from the beginning

I looked at her, and hopefully she was serious enough that she was thinking about my question, not just playing with me.

"I think no, lol," she said, and my eyes were gloomy in disappointment.

"But why, girl? Is your boyfriend dumping you? I know this sad story always ends up happening to innocent girls. Men are really trash. Don't worry, we got your back.".

"Wait," said another girl that I realized was just sitting at the back and had been watching us. She suddenly spoke out. There's hope!

"I know one." I almost smiled out of happiness. Hope was finally there!

"Oh right. I just remember Aeri used to be pregnant too.

"Where is it, unnie?" asked me.

"Wait," she said and dug into her purse. "I'm not sure if I still keep her card."

I prayed she would.

"Ah, there is." She took out the business card, and one of the girls snatched it and took a look. "Bongsung?? Ah, I just remember her. Is that old woman still alive?" I asked her, looking so shocked, and she then gave me the card.

"She is"

"Thank you. Thank you!" said I with a big smile.

"It's not far from here. I'll send you a location. Give me your number."

I gave her my number. But I didn't go yet, as I still had one important question. The budget: "Unnie, how much to do that?"

"Mine back then was around 2 500 000 won."

I felt a relief in my chest. I knew the Internet would lie!

"But mine was just two months old. But yours looks so big. How many months is it?"

A disappointment suddenly struck me. "Five months"

"God, it's a baby. I think you can see the legs dangling when they pull it out. The legs separated from the body. Gosh. It's really a baby already," she said.

"Lol, you say it as pig feet. Gosh, you're so awful."

I started to frown. I imagined what she'd said. It scared me out of my sh*t.

"See. You scare her, bitch," said a girl, laughing.

Then Aeri came towards me and rested her slender arm around my neck. "It's okay, girl. Your body is your choice. People here are so judgmental anyway. Just do it. It's really painful, but worth the life that you think you're about to lose. Good luck"

"But, unnie, I heard women can die from abortion too."

"Well, I don't have a comment about it. Because I think it depends on your luck. Your fate. Whether you're God's favorite or not"

I frowned. What kind of advice did I get from this? So unclear, so indecisive, so intimidated.

                I went to lunch at a local restaurant. But mostly, I was in thought instead of eating.

I was thinking about the baby. I already searched for pictures of what babies look like in five months. It was completely a human with a head, body, two arms, and two legs. Dangling my legs, I lost my appetite. 

Those girls, ah...

Later, I heard some ahjummas screaming at a TV.

I looked at the TV. It was Kim Taehyung endorsing a car. I looked back at my bowl. Now I really have lost my appetite.