𝟏𝟎.

Desireé

It's been three days since I've seen Vinnie, but that's fine cause me and James are about to start our drive to Tempe Arizona.

We talked and he somewhat reassured me but still didn't tell me what he had to say, maybe it wasn't important.

Anyways... I'm so excited.

"Do you have everything you need Desi?" James asks me standing between the driver side door and driver side frame.

"Nope we still have to stop by a few stores before we head out right?" I shake my head asking him.

"Yes. Just the gas station here and then we'll stop in one of the cities to do your shopping for your dorm" he replies smiling at me.

"Thank youuuuu" I say reaching over the console and grabbing his hand signaling him to come on.

He gets in and starts the car.

"Alright let's go, how are you feeling?" He asks me taking a peak at me while paying attention to the road all at once.

"I am feeling great, I'm so excited James you don't even know the half of it." I say basically squealing.

He laughs. No. Cackles.

"Wait until the first week is over, phew" he chuckles looking like he's reminiscing.

The side eye I gave him made him grip the wheel.

"Alright alright, I'm excited for you too. I'm gonna be less busy this term too so I can actually make time to hang out with you guys" he manages to get out taking a quick glance at me.

"What were you doing last term? Just the engineering exams and projects right?" I ask him curiously fumbling to put my seat belt on.

"Yea, it was super time-consuming... and since it's so far from the dorms I wasn't able to hang with everyone." He shakes his head and purses his lips.

I tisk.

"I hope that because you're in a building closer that you'll be able to hang" I say giving him a tight lipped smile.

"Yea I hope so."

———————————————————————

"Desireé" I hear James calling my name faintly... I must've fell asleep.

stretching and looking up I notice that we're outside of a store plaza... I'm so excited.

"What city are we in?" I ask him yawning and looking around now that I'm up.

"Phoenix" he strains stretching a bit in his seat giving me a view of his happy trail.

"did you sleep good?" He asks me making eye contact.

I would do it guys..

I nod my head and smile softly.

"You ready?" He asks me smiling.

"Yes, I'm so excited. Can we go into target first?" I ask him.

He nods his head and I giggle at the fact that I'm getting my way... I'm spoiled. So what?

——————————————————————

After hitting up a few stores including Target, and IKEA, I finally finished picking up some items and forcing James to get some room decor for his room too.

I didn't have to touch one bag, he loaded everything and made me get in the car and think about what I want to eat so we can stop.

"Alright we're getting closer to Tempe, let's stop and get food." He suggests glancing over at me.