Promise

.

.

.

The way to Orleans was littered with blood and various frayed bodies and bones. It was a grotesque sight, with Wyvern wings torn apart, and their teeth embedded in the skulls of men.

However, this was a common occurrence in War. War brings death, as it doesn't discriminate between the good and evil. If you lose, you're dead, and if you win, you live. That's the two sides of war. Peace Treaties was just a blockade to prolonging War.

"So you all finally arrived!"

As Rathian lowered in a clear spot, a few meters away from Jalter who led thousands of Wyverns. Her stance gave away how confident she was in her victory, as standing behind her like an echo fighter was the Evil Dragon, Fafnir.

"Yes, that's definitely Fafnir," Siegfried looked at his archenemy with a piercing gaze.

Feeling Siegfried's presence, Fafnir visibly shook, whether out of fear or anger, it wasn't clear.

"Stop cowering, Fafnir," Jalter found it repulsive that Fafnir was scared of someone smaller than itself, but it was killed by said small man.

"So, where's Ruler and my other half? Don't tell me they think you guys can win?"

"I made a promise to Malzeno that I would help him handle the other dragon," Siegfried sighed, summoning Balmung in his hands.

"I intend on keeping that promise," Siegfried ignored the puzzled expression on Jalter's face, as he looked at Fafnir.

"Where's my future version?"

"Hmph. Gilles needed the others for some reason, it doesn't matter. You're all going to die here! Attack!"

"Mash!"

"Right! Engaging combat!"

"We'll cover you, Master, so sit tight," Kiyohime, Elizabeth and Amadeus began to take down Wyverns that were targeting Ritsuka.

.

.

.

Siegfried grimaced as he and Fafnir traded blows. Metal resounded like gongs throughout the bloody terrain. Soldiers and Wyverns clashed, staking their lives at this moment.

"Blutig Drachen," Siegfried cursed as Fafnir began to fly.

"Siegfried! Take Rathian to the skies and keep fighting!" Ritsuka called out, her voice mixing in the bellowing screams.

Siegfried watched as the pink Wyvern came to his side, he couldn't help but nod. As he jumped on the back of the Wyvern, he was immediately in the air.

Fafnir roared as it began to charge up a massive amount of magical energy. Siegfried saw the beast preparing a large attack, getting him to respond in kind.

"Bal..."

Siegfried began to prepare his Noble Phantasm, knowing if he doesn't stop it here, everyone would die. As the long sword began to accumulate a large amount of energy, a blue veil covered it, before a tempestuous shroud of raw ether exploded from the above the hilt.

"MUNG!"

With a mighty shout, both attacks clashed, creating a miniature storm to appear in the sky, causing rain to fall. Siegfried felt his attack being pushed back, causing him to pump more energy into the attack...

Wait!

"BY MY COMMAND SPELL I ORDER YOU TO WIN AT ALL COST, SABER!"

The shout of Siegfried's master echoed into his ears, his power began to amplify thanks to the command spell, allowing him to overcome Fafnir's fire blast, and eventually swallowing him in the blast radius, destroying everything behind the large beast.

"Ha...." Siegfried was placed on the ground thank to Rathian. "Too close."

"What?" Jalter couldn't believe her eyes, did that one attack settle the score? No, it did, but her denial was too high to tell the difference.

"Thanks for the assistance, Master. I was sure I would've-"

However, before Siegfried could finish, a large limb came from the dust, back was left open due to the source of his death being a small spot in his back the shape of a leaf.

But the attack never came as a large shadow loomed over Siegfried, and the sound of metal scrapping against itself was heard.

"You!"

A pair of wings safeguarded Siegfried from imminent death, a pair of crimson eyes showed themselves, revealing it to be Malzeno.

"Seems I'm not the only one who is capable of such tactics."

"Malzeno! If you're here that means Atalanta and Lancelot was taken care of?" Ritsuka's tone seemed to be arid before, but seeing her second official Servant return lowered her anxiety.

"Of course," Malzeno kept looking at at the evaporating dust, showing the now deceased Fafnir. It seemed the beast wanted to take Siegfried with it this time, but failed again.

Jalter held an expression of panic, her pale yellow eyes landed on the arrival of Malzeno and her other half.

"Unbelievable..."

"Just give up the Grail!" Ritsuka didn't wish to fight anymore, if possible, she'd like to handle this diplomatically.

"Tch, now you think you can bark orders?"

.

.

.

"Oh dear, this isn't good," The corrosive tone came from behind Jalter, getting the Dragon Witch to turn around, her eyes suddenly seemed to relax seeing the only person she could trust appear.

"Gilles..." Jeanne looked at the outcome of Gilles, his face a grotesque piece of art, with pale gray skin and bulging eyes only seen in horror.

"The faker is here too, marvelous!"

"Gilles why did you leave Orleans?" Jalter asked with a furrowed brow, however a gust of wind pushed her back.

It was Malzeno, his left arm completely severed as he held Jalter with his right arm. With his incredible speed, he returned back to the group.

"Malzeno, your arm!" Jeanne immediately rushed over, ignoring the fact that her other half also seemed worried.

"Don't worry about the small stuff," Assured Malzeno with a sigh.

"Why'd you...what's your game?" Jalter was finally free of Malzeno's grip, her eyes showing her weariness.

"You were going to die, so I saved you."

"Tch! You seem to know of my plans, foreigner!"

"Plans? Gilles what the fuck is going on."

"You seem out of the loop, but you were going to be sacrificed," Malzeno answered for Gilles, getting Jalter to widen her eyes.

"You're lying..."

"Unfortunately, he is not, Dear Jeanne!" Gilles confirmed, much to the dismay of Jalter.

"I already made a promise to protect Jeanne D'Arc," Malzeno spoke. "And that includes you as well, Dragon Witch."