Chapter 20- 12 Play

Brielle's POV

I sat in the corner of the studio fuming . This nigga Rome was in here acting like everything was fine . The lyrics that Devante' wrote for him also didn't help the situation .

Devante must've been horny as hell when he wrote this song and as Rome sang the song , I couldn't help but to have flash backs of our times together . He wasn't making it any better by catching my eye from time to time . Each time he did , I would roll my eyes at him and flip him off discreetly .

All the while Devante had his eyes closed and was bobbing his head to the song as Rome was in the booth singing, oblivious to the tension in the room.

I must admit , it's a great song and is definitely a baby making tune . I have no doubt that this song will be on the charts .

After about 3 hours , Rome wrapped up the song and came back out of the booth and sat beside Devante at the sound board .

"That was tight man . I can't wait until this gets cleared," De complimented as he continued to mess with buttons on the sound board .

"I appreciate it . I can only imagine who inspired those lyrics ," Rome slyly joked as he and Devante both glanced over at me .

Devante chuckled softly and hung his head low a little bit .

I mugged the shit out of Rome as he looked at me smirking ever so slightly .

He was trying to be funny and it was taking everything in me not to throw something at him .

"Aye , excuse me for a second . I have to go use the restroom."

With that , Devante swiftly left the room .

It was silence for all of 5 seconds before Rome broke it .

"You look nice."

"Fuck you."

"Damn , it's like that ?" He said faking as if I hurt his feelings.

"You're damn right it is . You've never heard of me remember?"

He chuckled .

"Well, what did you want me to say ? I was trying to keep down the confusion between you and your man . You wouldn't want me telling him that I'm the man who used to blow your back out."

"Shut the fuck up, Rome. So you're telling me you just so happened to link up with Devante and didn't know anything about us dating now?"

I knew the industry was small and something was telling me that word had gotten back to him about me and Devante kicking it .

"Girl, nobody is that worried about you and that man . I'm honestly a fan of his work and wanted to work with him out of respect for his craft . I knew that with him I could have a number 1 hit . He's a musical genius. I have to give it to him."

I still didn't believe him . He's had all this time to link with Devante and now all of a sudden he decides to do so around the time Devante and I start going out in public together .

"Sureee."

"I don't have no reason to lie . Why would I be pressed about who you're dating ? We haven't been a thing in a little over 2 years now . Those feelings are long gone."

I couldn't lie , it hurt to hear him say that so nonchalantly . I swallowed the lump that was forming in my throat .

Don't let this nigga man see you sweat sis .

"I'm sorry . I forgot how little I meant to you ," I snapped .

A look of guilt crossed his features for a split second and I was reminded of the man that I knew 2 years ago before the fame . Not this arrogant, egotistical fool sitting across the room from me now .