Chapter 10 - Almost There

Brielle's POV

After Devante' and I had our little moment yesterday ruined by K-Ci and friends, we went back to recording the song over again like I wanted. The second time was definitely better than the first one and I didn't even cry this time.
Then we all went out to eat and to an arcade. While there I got to spend some time getting to know Mary better. She was really funny and cool as hell.... as long as it didn't concern K-Ci and another female.

She watched this man like a hawk and was ready to square up with any female who even bothered to breathe in his direction. I can honestly see why she kept him on a tight leash. K-Ci might not have been the best looking in the group, and he also wasn't that ugly either, but he had a personality that would make you fall in love with him. That, plus he could sing his ass off. He still wasn't my type though, I admit I love pretty boys and there was one in particular who had my full attention right now. In fact, he and I were supposed to be getting together later for a movie night at his place.

Letting my hair air dry, i left it in its natural curly state and added a little leave in conditioner in it for the smell. I decided to wear an oversized raider's football jersey, some black leggings, my stacked white nike socks, and a pair of white timberlands. I know, a bummy outfit, but i wasn't trying to impress anybody. I put some mascara and lip gloss on and went and laid back down on my bed and waited for Devante' to come get me. I told him I could've taken a cab over to his house, but he insisted on coming to get me himself.

I was still in the process of looking for a house out here. My best friend and I were supposed to be going today, but I decided to hang with Devante' instead & she understood, thank God. We really haven't gotten a chance to hang like i would've wished due to the fact that i'm always at Uptown or with Devante'. Ember and I were long over due for some girl time.

My pager went off in my pocket and it was none other than Devante'. I took one more glance in the mirror before putting on my oversized jacket and grabbing my purse and leaving out of my hotel room. I decided to take the stairs instead since I was only on the 2nd floor.

The cold New York air never ceased to shock me every time i stepped outside in it. Wrapping my arms around myself, I spotted Devante's BMW and hurriedly walked over and climbed inside. I was hit with the faint scent of weed and expensive cologne.

"Hey, De !" I said cheerfully as I put on my seat belt.

"What's up baby girl, you look nice."

I blushed as I took in his compliment.

"I look bummy as hell, but thank you.

I took in his full attire and noticed that he had on a Tommy Hilfiger Crewneck, a pair of baggy blue jeans, and a tan pair of timberlands. He looked so cute with his freshly cut hair and jewelry. He wasn't wearing his shades so his beautiful eyes gleamed back at me, taking my breath away.

"You know, you don't look too bad yourself ,Degrate." I said smirking at him.

He returned my smirk playfully.

"Well , thank you I guess," He said shrugging playfully causing me to hit his shoulder .

"So how has your day been so far ?"

"Honestly , it's been a drag . I've been looking forward to this movie night so the time has seemed to go by slow until now ."

"Ohhh , so you've been anxious to see me ?" Devante' said smiling really big and glancing over at me to catch me blushing .

"First of all pay attention to the road, and second, maybe a little bit," I admitted giving a shy smile .

"Awwww , well if it makes you feel any better I felt the same way.