Chapter 13- Its been an hour since you been gone

Devante's POV
April (1991)

After retrieving the mail from the mailbox, I turned back to go inside . Kara was still standing there with a satisfied expression on her face . How I wished I could smack that pretty face of hers. She better be glad I don't hit women .

She knew what she was doing when she opened that door when Bri was here . I can bet my last nut that she looked out the window and saw her and came down here to start some shit on purpose . This is why this baby cannot be mine . I can't be tied to this bitch for the rest of my life .

"I don't know what you're looking all happy for . As soon as the paternity of that baby becomes known , i'm shipping your ass back to where you came from . The homeless shelter, the street corner , wherever!" I spat as I roughly passed her a letter that had Rikers Island  on it and was addressed to her . I really didn't like her criminal ass daddy having my home address either . I don't know what he's locked up for but who's to say that he doesn't know somebody he can send over to rob my ass or something and steal my valuables . I have some expensive clothes and jewelry that I know somebody could sell for thousands of dollars .

"You don't have to be rude !" She said as she followed after me as I made my way upstairs to my bedroom .

I gently pushed her back when she tried to walk into my bedroom with me . "Where do you think you're going ?" I snapped looking at her like she was crazy .

My room was strictly off limits to her . I wasn't finna touch her ass at all .

"Don't be mad at me because your little girlfriend doesn't want to talk to you . You should've told her about me when you found out I was carrying your child ...... plus I was here first," She said nonchalantly.

I slammed the door in her face and made sure to lock it .

Sighing in frustration, I went and sparked up a blunt and walked over to my balcony . I swear niggas was right when they said to make sure you like your baby mama . I damn sure don't like this one . I wish I'd never even looked her way when I saw her backstage . You would've thought that I learned my lesson with the first two baby mamas . Especially with my daughter, Dyana's mama . She was definitely a one nighter .

I was new to this fame shit in the beginning and I was just happy that girls were practically throwing themselves at me . I wasn't thinking about the consequences of getting a groupie pregnant . Now here I was miserable and not able to move forward with the woman that I really wanted because of a mistake . The thing is I know I used a condom . Even though I know they're not 100% effective that has to count for something, right ?

I put out the blunt and decided to go take my chances and call Bri's cell phone . She'd probably made it back to her hotel room by now .

Now that I think about it , fuck calling , I'm about to pull up on her ass ....

Bri's POV

I made it back to my hotel room an hour ago and was just sitting on the end of my bed shaking with anger . I can't believe I was so stupid . I should've listened to my gut the night I woke up in his room after getting drunk and peeped all the extra tooth brushes he had in his bathroom cabinet . The two kids and two baby mamas before age 24 was already a red flag .

Ember tried calling me but I ignored her ass . I was embarrassed because I'd bragged on Devante' and now he was showing his ass .

Deciding to take a shower I went inside and sat on the toilet , sparking up a blunt as I waited for my water to heat up . I smoked half of it before hopping in the shower and letting the warm water caress my body . It felt good . I'm always cold these days .