Chapter 18- Welcome Home

JoJo's POV

I paused in the middle of eating my chips when I heard Devante almost admit that he loved Bri while they were on the phone and then he tried to play it off .

I watched as he quickly hung up the phone after his little slip up .

He slyly glanced over at me .

"So you love her now ?" I asked as I started smiling at him . I knew he cared about her deeply . I didn't know it was that deep tho . I figured it was headed that way. I've never seen him try so hard to clean up his act . Trust me , all of us are dogs . Being on the road with all these females practically ready to drop their panties at the wink of an eye , it's hard to stay faithful . Despite his slip up with Rolita , which i kind of blame the alcohol for and K-Ci and Dalvin for bringing her along, De has been faithful .

If anybody knew Devante Swing then they knew that he was definitely a lady's man . The ladies loved his light bright pretty boy ass . Especially because he tried to act all hard and mysterious during interviews. It drew them to him even more . In truth though , when he really cared about a woman , he was a big simp.

The last girl he showed even the slightest bit of genuine affection towards was Monica . His ex from high school who ghosted him and left to join the army . After that my boy became a dog off the chain and started fucking everything walking up until a few months ago when Bri came along . I couldn't believe he was even doing the whole celibate thing though . That man loved to fuck .

Because of this , I had to keep my real feelings for Bri a secret . De is my homeboy . My brother from another mother . I could never betray him that way which is why I would never act on those feelings , but I still can't help the way I feel . K-Ci and Dalvin have picked up on it , but I deny it every time they try to pull the truth out of me .

I would be wrong if I said that I don't feel no type of way about him letting Rolita give him head behind Bri's back , but I would rather see her happy than sad . The guilt is definitely going to eat me alive when I see her , but I knew De before I knew her and my loyalty ultimately lies with him . I can't and I won't say anything to her about it . I just pray that Rolita remains the good side hoe that she always is and doesn't say anything .

"Honestly man , I think I do . I've never had these feelings about anyone before ."

"Awww , look at you getting all soft around here ."

I watched as De rolled his eyes and grabbed some Bourbon and poured it in a glass .

"I just don't know tho man . This Rolita shit has been eating at me . I feel guilty ."

I didn't want to admit that I felt guilty too .

"I mean look at it this way . Yes, y'all are dating exclusively but y'all aren't necessarily official , so I mean technically you didn't cheat ." I reasoned as I shrugged him off nonchalantly.

He took a sip of his drink and seemed to think about what I said.

"I mean I guess , but it doesn't make me feel any less guilty . When you love someone you just don't treat them bad ."

I poured me a glass of bourbon as well as I thought about what he said .

"Anyway , enough about me , what's up with that one girl you been kicking it with ?

I smirked as I thought about the red bone that I'd been seeing lately .

"Nicole and I are doing okay , I guess . I mean she's really just a piece of ass but she's cool to kick it with . She also don't be sweating me like that so we cool . She's smart, a nurse, and she has her own shit ."