A bite like fire ripped through my skin. Throwing myself away from the pain, I whirled around to see the amethyst eyed man, a malicious smile stretched across his angular face. Silver hair whipping, he wheeled his horse around, laughing, and charged again. The beat of hooves against the ground matched the beating of my frantic heart as I squared up for his approach. Only this time, I was more than ready. I rushed forward as well, startling both man and beast. The horse screeched and stumbled, its knees buckling. Flying over the fallen mount, I slammed heavily into its rider. The man was thrown back by my greater weight, cursing as his head slammed into the frozen earth. I tore at his face, ripping at his cheeks and clawing his eyes. He screamed and launched himself upwards with all his strength. I landed lightly, and rushed forward. Blood obstructed his eyes, so he swung his longsword wildly. The tip slashed my muzzle, but missed its mark. Teeth tore through flesh, and I crushed his windpipe without hesitation. He gurgled feebly, his life blood pumping hot on my tongue.

Forcing on, I ran through the fray, dodging corpses and the dying, tearing at any man that came into my path. My breathing was erratic and desperate, unable to get enough air in my lungs. My human side was disgusted, terrified, confused, and angry. But my wolf knew better, this was war, and only one side would come out victorious. 

(Third Person's POV)

It soon became painfully obvious to Sasha, the once hooded figures Xavier had proclaimed as his army were nothing but cowards. Sheep's dressed in wolves clothing, clutching their swords with trembling hands and terrified eyes. Time seemed to slow as the two sides slammed into one another. Sounds crashed into Sasha like a tidal wave. Steel hissed and screamed, vampires cursed and wailed, wolves growled and screeched. The charcoal eyed wolf slammed into the first vampire she saw. A tall, scarlet eyed man thin as a spear, with as much bravery as a mouse. "Mercy!" He cried as Sasha leapt at him with her maw open and saliva flying. Realizing his words fell on deaf ears, he yanked his sword from its leather scabbard. But before the vampire could even raise the blade, Sasha's huge black form slammed against his body. Paws clawing wildly at his wide red eyes, jaws clamping around the cold skin of his throat. Snapping her jaws together, his skin broke and blood exploded in her mouth. Salty and metallic.

Together the two slammed into the frosted ground. Her heavily muscled form driving whatever air he had left from his lungs. After several heartbeats, the wolf unlatched her jaws, panting heavily as she stood over the dying vampire. His eyes the color of the blood that dripped from Sasha's muzzle. He opened his mouth to say something, but could only manage a choked gurgle, blood dribbling from the corner of his pale lips. Light faded from his eyes, and his heart beat its last. His hand unclenching the hilt of his sword.

Something stirred deep in the wolf's subconscious, the wolf did not understand, but the feeling in her stomach was that of revolt and guilt. Her wolf stared at the body and saw only an enemy. The human stared at the body and saw a living breathing life, one that had ended by her hand. 

Sasha felt wetness coating her fur, and looking up, she realized it was snowing.

All around blood was spattering the grass, steel and teeth tore through flesh, vampires and wolves alike wailed and screamed as they died. And one after another bodies fell, some wolf, others vampire. Yet through it all, the snowfall caused her to pause. The gentleness of it causing the emotions roaring in her heart to subside. Blood clotted her muzzle and chest, but the fresh clean snow cleared her senses, filling her with a sharp sense of awareness. But alas, she failed to notice it was all going wrong.

And a pause was all it took.

One triumphant bellow rose through the sounds of battle. Whipping around, Sasha felt the blood in her veins turn to ice. Through the midst of fur, fangs, and long-swords, a huge black wolf lay motionless on the ground. Blood pooling from multiple wounds on its sides and chest, blood-spittle dribbling from its half-open maw. Lips still drawn back in one last attempt at defiance. The glimmer of life faded and clouded in his sable colored eyes. Above the body stood Xavier, his silver eyes wild and triumphant, wicked smile stretched across his bloody pale lips. J..Jay..please..please....no...no! I wailed, earning a wide eyed stare from Seth, who had the throat of a squat thick man between his clenched fangs. Blood dripping from his ebony colored fur.

Throwing herself through the whirling mass of fangs and biting steel, intent on only one vampire. Intent on his slow, bloody, agony filled death.

With an inhuman bellow of rage, Sasha threw herself at the black haired man, her eyes bloodshot and feral. Huge form slamming into Xavier, sending him sprawling against the bloodied grass. Landing lightly, the she-wolf went at the vampire again. But Xavier was ready this time, he spun towards her, throwing himself at the she-wolf with his lips drawn back in a red-toothed grin. They collided midair, Sasha's greater weight throwing them backwards. Slamming into the earth once more, the vampire hissed in pain as a sudden snap echoed through the air. Momentarily dazed, Xavier could only raise his clawed and torn arms as Sasha's teeth tore and ripped away mercilessly at his flesh. His blood tasting of sweet, sweet revenge for so many long, dark years of fear and innocent blood. No humanity controlled her movements, it was entirely her wolf, feral rage flooding through her body from the tips of her ears to the pads of her paws.

Xaviers fist connected with the side of her jaw, throwing her sideways. Dazed, the she-wolf shakily pulled herself to her paws, legs trembling with her head held low, every breath agony. Xavier pulled himself to his feet. Cocking his head to the side, a devilish grin spread across his scarlet stained lips. Slowly, he began to shuffle around the large black wolf, his body trembling with barely controlled excitement.

(Sasha's POV)

His movements were liquid, predatory. Silver eyes flooded with hatred and malice. Fear coiled in the pit of my stomach like a snake, twisting and turning with dread. He slowly started to circle me, I copied his movements, my eyes wide and full of apprehension and dread. The warm tang of his blood was fresh on my tongue, but I needed more. So much more before I could be satisfied. His cloak was torn and bloody, all but a few scraps of cloth hanging from his slim shoulders. As we circled each other, he began to taunt me.

"Well. Well. Well. Look how much you've grown. Last time I saw you, you were just a sniveling little pup. Now you're all grown up, and nothing but a cowering bitch," He said with a mock sigh. The fear weighed heavily in my stomach, my breathing was ragged and uneven-- both from the battle, and seeing him again-- my muscles tensed as I prepared myself to lunge.

As we continued to pace around each other. The fighting around us seemed to fall away, the clash of wolves against vampires faded from my ears. The hiss of steel and the feral growling of my pack faded away, until not but the sound of my pounding heart roared in my ears. The field around us seemed to dim, until we were the only ones in our dark little world. No interruptions. No backing down.

This. Ends. Now.

His eyes flickered--just for a moment--to the right. Time seemed to slow down as he planted his foot behind him in the ground. My wolf seized control of my movements, throwing our body backward. Xavier planted his other foot in front of himself, cocking his arm back. His pale hand clenched into a fist, throwing it forward towards my face. Eyes wild with glee.

The wind hissed in my ear from the sheer speed behind the punch. His eyes darted upwards to meet mine, amber clashed with silver. Planting paws firmly in the ground, I glared at him with molten amber eyes. Throwing back my large black head, I let out a long, challenging howl. The sound rolled from my throat like notes in a song, smooth and soft as velvet. My wolf took possession of my body, forcing me deeper into our subconscious.

The hair along the ridge of my spine fluffed up, hackles raised, lips curled back, revealing my own blood-stained teeth. The coppery taste only fueled my hunger for his blood. To feel his bones break and shatter beneath my fangs. To see the pain in his eyes as I brought his worthless life to an end. I needed to smell his fear, the scent he must have gotten lungful after lungful of whenever he killed one of my Pack. One of my defenseless Pack-Mates. My wolf's instinctual thoughts molded with my calculated ones. And for the first time in a long time, we both wanted to do the same thing. We wanted to bring his life to an end. And we wanted it to be long, slow, and painful.

A feeling of complete feral rage bubbled beneath my skin. I growled at Xavier in pure, unadulterated hatred. The vampire hissed back, bright eyes sharp with challenge. I lowered my head and began stalking around him. He copied my movements, his body tense, eyes cold. I snapped my teeth at him, causing him to tense slightly. I noted this carefully, years of bitter hatred filled his soul, but he knew all too well never to underestimate a wolf. For wolves are the spirits of this world, freedom living in their hearts, and courage in their souls.