7. Fancy meeting you here

Start from the beginning

I looked at mom and she waved her palm signaling for me to go. So i said yes. Damn why am i this stupid.

We were walking towards the dance floor hand in hand and when we were in the crowd i felt the pain in my stomach. But we haven't said a word to each other.

"You go to my school" he said with a warm smile.

"Oh i... Haven't seen you" embarrassing.

"Well.." we start moving to the music as a jazz tune plays. I don't know why he tried to make me do a turn but as soon as he lifts his hand for me to turn in a circle i get ripped from his hand with extreme harshness and pulled into someone who crushes me against his chest but gently puts his hand on my lower back and i hear him say to the cute guy i was robbed from "thank you but I'll take it from here". Rough voice. Very. Very nice smell.

i tried to pull away but I couldn't possibly break free from his grip and in that moment i was afraid.

He whispered in my ear. "I wanted the first dance of the night to be mine" . In other circumstances, maybe if he wasn't as confident as he is, if his ego wasn't so high, I'd think he'd be creepy. But it is just that, that air around him, the vibe he makes sure everyone gets that just yells 'the world is mine and i'll step over you to get it' that pulls people to him, that attracts people to him.

I managed to pull away and saw Chris' face looking down at mine.

"What are you doing here?" This was a very annoyed but glad at the same time me. I'm i explaining myself?

"Well I'm here minding my own business and i saw you so i thought it'd be a brilliant idea to steal you for a bit. how about you?" we kept moving from side to side slowly. I was hyperaware of his fingers on my waist, consciously hoping my waist is small enough for hos hand to fall on it perfectly, which i know is so wrong, on so many levels.

"My stepdad is here for a work thing because he... Shit! It's your dad he's working with isn't it?"

"Depends, does he do any type of advertising?" His voice was so rough and low.

"Yeah"

"Ok tell him i might be interested in advertising a couple of pictures of a girl i know. Window's view" that last part he said slowly and clearly into my ear.

"You make it sound like you're begging for your teeth to lay on the ground"

"Why so violent darling?" He said and i pushed off him and got away from him because in that moment i was ready to punch him. Hard.

"I was just joking." i get out of there as fast as possible. Why is it every hot guy ends up being a total cockshit.

I go to the restroom and just look at myself in the mirror. How everything is falling apart again. and what i mean is... i am a sensitive person, i cannot stand feeling like someone is leaving me speechless... and he's doing just that. and i'm not in the best of places. My mother brings me to some stupid party and the first chance she gets she sends me off to dance with some stranger and then this idiot comes to make my life more miserable. I'm cold and my nose ring hurts like hell.

I go outside again and when i am walking through the hall that leads back to the ballroom i see him leaning against one of the walls chatting with some girl and his sleeves are rolled over showing off his tattoos. Head high Bea, head high.

"You got mad?" he said interrupting his conversation. i just kept walking. I looked at him, but that was it.

"Seriously I didn't do anything, climbing your tree is one hard chore. I wouldn't waste my calories on it."

"Chris, hell is reserving a spot for you" I said without turning back.

Suddenly i am against the wall and he is an inch from me. "I wouldn't want to see you there baby, also, hell is not... nice" Slowly and quietly. Sarcastically.

He came in front of me and put his arm across my chest and then pushed me back without me realizing.

Now I'm officially afraid of him. His brother is tough and all but he is darker than that. Darkness I don't want to mess with.

"What do you know about it" i said winking, trying to be cool. Trying to breathe in the alcohol in his breath to convince myself that he's drunk i just take a deep breath.

"Enough, darling"

"Your answers don't really satisfy me"

"Shame"

"Did you really have to come and ruin my precious night?" I said referring to how he pulled me away before.

"First: That guy's boring. Second: I just wanted to say hi" he pulled away a little with a smirk.

"Was it so hard to stay focused on your task then, cause I don't remember you saying hi."

"don't cry over it"

"Oh my gosh!!" It's impossible to even try to maintain a conversation with him.

"Is this your date tonight son?" A grayish haired man appeared on the hall with both his hands in his pockets. "I'm finally proud of you". Did he just say finally? Ok i get where Chris gets his attitude from.

"Oh no, she's just someone i know"... My heart broke for a minute.

"Oh what a shame" he answered getting closer.

"I'm Vincent Owen, Chris' father" he extended a hand.

"Stepfather" Chris reminded him through a cough.

"Bea, sir, Beatrice Daniels." I nodded.

"Daniels? Huh, I'm acquainted with your mother" his eues shifted  from my awkward smile to his son. "And Chris, for God's sake, fix yourself up, and keep the coke outside" his tone got lower.

"Will do" he answered. He lifted one cheek in defiance.

"Well you kids have fun, hope to see you again young lady"

"Of course" I responded And he left the corridor immediately after.

Chris just ran his hand through his face and the his hair as he exhaled loudly. "There's not enough alcohol in the world".

"Trouble in paradise?" I was dry

"I never said i was perfect"

"What was that about?"

"Nothing" he started to walk away.

"Seriously" I insisted.

"Nothing " he repeated with a definite tone. The one that tells you to shut up.

"I know it's not nothing, I'm not stupid. You're talking to the award winning queen of anger and disappointment, my parents are like that and sometimes worse cause i only have one, so...." I'm not lying now. "Parents are messed up, but we can't fix them." I should be one of those inspirational speakers.

"Shit, keep the romance novels aside"

"Why do you have to be such a fucking asshole? I'm just trying to help you!"

"You're no.... " There was a long pause. One of thought. "You know what, you're right. I'm gonna do just as i please and you are coming with me"

That's NOT what I meant.
_____________________________________so new chapter!! Comments about what you thought?

OH AND I GOT A NEW CAMERA!!! That's insane! Look at the pics i take in my instagram... highlighted_unicorn !!