It was impossible, no matter how he thought about it.

* * *

“You’re not going to read the letter?”

On their way back from the training grounds, Othello responded stubbornly to Jin’s question.

“I told you to throw it away,” he grumbled.

The ‘it’ in question was a letter from Permetis, which a servant had just handed to Jin.

Written in a child’s handwriting, it was addressed to “Brother Othello”.

But Othello’s expression was filled with annoyance.

“We have to learn how to maintain undesirable relationships, Othello.”

Jin’s words were correct.

“You may not like it, but she is alive.”

It was the same reason that the hostile Bashirons hadn’t been completely exterminated.

“They might be worth using someday. We need a steady stream of information about Bashiron.”

Ignoring Jin’s words, Othello turned his head and coldly replied to the last remark.

“Only if he doesn’t pose a threat.”

“Does Permetis pose a threat to you?” Jin asked back, his tone indicating that this was not meant to be a joke.

The difference in ability between Jin and Othello was insignificant compared to the tenfold difference between Othello and Permetis.

To Recardo, it was the same way that Bashiron was an annoyance, but not a threat.

“You’re the one who can strangle her with your Black Flame, are you not?”

As soon as Jin finished speaking, the Black Flame surged and flowed out from behind Othello. He turned to Jin with a glare. 

“I didn’t say she was a threat to me.”

Jin’s eyebrows twitched at the words, and his closed lips parted slightly.

A moment later, Othello added in a low voice, “Yeah, I regret not killing her back then. It would have been better.”

“Othello.”

“So, burn that letter. Just thinking about that day makes my blood boil.”

Othello’s eyes were filled with intense determination.

“How dare anyone lay a hand on my sister.”

A tremendous surge of energy emanated from Jin’s hand as he stared at Othello for a while.

The letter from Permetis that was in Jin’s hand turned into ashes. After seeing Permetis’s letter turning into ashes, Othello started walking again.

Jin, who had been expressionless, stared at his empty hand and pressed his lips together.

“Did your simplicity make you hear it before I did? Sasha’s footsteps…….”

A moment later, as they approached the entrance to the mansion, a familiar voice could be heard.

“Ball. Ball time!”

Othello saw Sasha and Maya, who had apparently just come out to play in the garden.

The ball, which had rolled away from Sasha, stopped at Othello’s feet.

Sasha called out to him at once.

“Othello! Ball! Ball!”

“…….”