Chapter 29

His brows were furrowed, his forehead shadowed. His silver hair seemed to sway, even though there was no wind blowing.

Maybe it’s my vision that’s shaking because I’m…… trembling…….

‘I’m afraid of being alone with him…….’

Is….. he going to scold me? Or even worse…….

I was gazing up at him with wary eyes when he spoke again.

“Well done.”

I stared at him, stunned by the unexpectedness of his words.

Was he referring to the incident with Permetis? 

But he was talking to his lieutenants, so he wouldn’t know.

I blinked innocently, and his expression hardened again. 

As I stood nervously, unsure of his intentions, he continued, “But you need to be careful with situations like yesterday.”

If it was yesterday…….

“……You should take a look for yourself.”

He held his hand out in front of him. The transparent space in front of him suddenly began to shimmer.

A black energy crept through it, and it began to bubble, like boiling water.

I twisted my shaking body 90 degrees, and I could see inside, almost like a door opening.

When I saw what was inside, I immediately stepped back.

Through the shimmering window opened up by Recardo’s powers, I saw a black dog with three heads.

The dog, with black fur like a Doberman, looked very ferocious, growling and baring his fangs.

As it barked at me like it was going to eat me, I backed away and almost fell. I looked up to see Recardo, who had a nonchalant face.

‘He’s not going to feed me to that dog because I cried yesterday, is he?’

My mind went completely blank at the thought.

“There are guards around the Winchester manor.”

Recardo’s deep voice drifted into my ear.

“They like human flesh and blood. It is said that the younger the trespassers are, the more voraciously they will devour them.”

I clasped my trembling hands together tightly and stared at the dog. It looked as if it would lunge at me at any moment if I looked away.

“The manor’s employees don’t go near the guards, but strays often become food.”

His words made me feel like I’d been doused in cold water.

So, this mansion, which looks like a medieval European castle, has “guards” like that?

In the original, just as the Winchesters planted spies to watch the Taylors, the Taylors planted spies to monitor the Winchesters.

Some were sent to assassinate them. So, those ‘guards’ are a security device.

They’re there to bite the throats of enemies from the outside who don’t know their way around…….

The three-headed Doberman continued to growl for a long time, and when Recardo turned his hand again, the dog disappeared like a door slamming shut.

I think I understood the warning he was trying to give me. You can’t guarantee survival if you’re freely wandering around.

I remained frozen for a long time after the dog disappeared, and then I heard his voice again.