Chapter 27

F*ck, I’m doomed.’

That’s what I thought as soon as I saw the badly smashed surprise ball coupled with Recardo stepping on it and glaring at me.

The effects of the ball no longer lasted, and all of the people in the blindsight had regained their senses.

“…….”

Maya’s eyes snapped to me, and she exclaimed, “Oh, Miss! When did you go there?”

Maya rushed at me as I popped out from behind a pillar.

I was glad that unlike last time, I was still in the right place.

Otherwise, I might have raised even more suspicions about me…… No, things don’t look good for me right now…….

“You…….”

Othello seemed to raise an eyebrow.

He hadn’t caught me in the wrong place, had he?

The original Recardo Winchester was sharp and perceptive enough to easily spot the ambush of trained assassins.

My heart pounded as I stared into his dark green eyes.

“This…….”

I flinched as his red lips curled.

The shattered surprise ball at his feet seemed to hint at my future.

Maybe I’d gotten so drunk on the attention that I’d forgotten he was a fearsome villain. Fear rushed through me.

“…..Is it yours?” Recardo finished.

I froze and stared at him, his murderous gaze penetrating my soul despite the considerable distance between us.

I couldn’t make out the meaning of his glare.

Was it an accusation for ruining the party, or did he realize I had done something?

Maya looked flustered and at a loss for words.

“I don’t think any of your toys looked……. like this one…..”

The room fell silent, and I clenched my fists.

Jin’s eyes, Permetis’s eyes, Zestia’s eyes…… all of them were on me.

If I messed up here, I could be in big trouble…….

So, this is the only way.

It was the same moment my mouth fell open. And at that moment, Recardo’s eyebrows twitched.

“Sa…… Sasha!”

This body is just three years old. It is not strange for a three-year-old toddler to cry anytime and anywhere.

It’s natural to cry when you make eye contact with a scary person!

“I don’t know…….”

My eyes quickly began to fill with tears. But I tried not to make a sound.

The point of this move is to look like you’re trying to hold back your pitiful tears.

You look more pitiful when you’re clenching your fists and shedding tears like this than when you’re crying out loud.

It makes it hard to ask for more.

“Heuk…….” I choked out, engrossed in making my weeping as gut-wrenching as possible.

Jin and Othello, who had been staring at me, looked at Recardo.

“Ah…… Miss…….”

I heard Maya’s voice.