Chapter 30

In the clear air of a new day, I could hear the cicadas chirping. Jin, Othello, and I were all riding in the same carriage.

It was late summer, heading into the first days of autumn, and we were on our way to the summer mansion.

It was on the Winchester estate, so it was close by, only an hour’s carriage ride away.

Jin was reading, Othello was napping, and I was gazing out the window at the green landscape passing us by.

I shuddered at the memory of Zestia’s face, which was hostile towards Recardo, but luckily she was away on a business trip to Rosento, so I wouldn’t be seeing her on this visit.

Instead, we will meet with Permetis, the daughter of Zestia, the owner of the summer residence.

And in the Pashurit Mountains, close to Zestia’s mansion, in the hunting grounds of that early season, Jin and Othello will enjoy their summer hunt.

I looked at my inventory, suddenly remembering the status window that had been shown to me not so long ago.

Along with the shoes I’d received as part of my last level-up, I also noticed a Protection Orb I’d received as part of this level-up.

The blue-tinted orb was said to block one incoming attack against me, but is not effective against diseases.

I’ll probably use it someday.

But…… I wonder when Sasha in the original story really started to get sick. She must have been sick before the age of seventeen, which was the peak of her illness.

“Cough.”

I still get sick every now and then, but not nearly as much as Sasha in the original.

‘I have to grow up and find Cassilion and the elixir…….’

Knowing my fate, time seemed to pass more slowly. I hope I don’t get too sick in the meantime.

[Name: Sasha Winchester (LV.3)]

[Occupation: Unemployed]

[Traits: Rattle Master (Strength +3)]

As I grew, I was able to run around quite a bit now.

Fewer people looked at me strangely when I spoke to them, and I could understand them quite well.

I was known to the maids as ‘The Gifted Lady Sasha’.

Tak–

I flinched at the sound of Jin closing his book and looked at him.

“We’ve arrived.”

I heard Jin’s low voice.

His gaze drifted to the blue-roofed mansion in the distance. The three-story mansion was quite grand, though not as grand as Winchester Castle.

The day was still sunny and clear.

* * *

After the carriage came to a stop and Jin and Othello got out, I stretched out my hands in the air.

“Hug me!”

At my call for a hug, I saw Maya – who had just gotten off the carriage in the back – approaching, but before she could, a black shadow loomed in front of me.

It was Jin.

Not you…… I called for Maya, not you!

My arms, which I had raised with all my might, gradually gave way, but Jin put both hands under my armpits and pulled me into a quick hug.