Chapter 31

[The Orb of Protection has been activated.]

[You have reduced 50% of the impact.]

[The Orb of Protection has been activated.]

[You have reduced 70% of the impact.]

[The Orb of Protection has been activated.]

[You have reduced 30% of the impact.]

“Ugh!” I groaned as I rolled over and landed on my buttocks on the floor.

What the hell just happened? 

I searched through my shakey memory. 

The floor of the cabin rattled and a large rock broke through. Maya had grabbed me and tried to escape outside, but the sudden impact knocked her away from my body, and I began to roll down the slope.

I think the last thing I heard was people screaming.

“…….”

Now I was sitting dazedly in grass as tall as I was.

Suddenly, the word ‘landslide’ came to mind.

Wow. I’m so unlucky.

Fortunately, thanks to the Protection Orb, I only suffered minor scratches compared to the distance I rolled.

[The Protection Orb dissipates.]

I dusted off my knees and stood up, looking around. There was no sign of Maya or the others. Only the sound of water flowing down the slender ravine.

Hmm…… What am I going to do?

It’s better to see insects and nature from a distance. I took a deep breath as I heard the sound of an approaching snake.

And I opened my inventory, the only cheat key I had.

* * *

In the dense forest, a white deer was struck down by an arrow from Jin.

Permetis clapped her hands excitedly.

“That’s great, brother.”

Both Othello and Jin were in full swing.

“I learnt a lot from my brothers today.”

Permetis caught a small rabbit. Considering she was only seven years old, it was an accomplishment, but not even close to her cousins.

The soldiers behind them cleaned up the carcass.

“This place has changed a lot,” Jin commented as he readjusted his arrows. 

“My mother took great care of it,” Permetis smiled.

“I see. How is she doing these days?”

It seemed like a meaningless question, but Permetis was startled for a moment. She remembered what Zestia had said.

‘Guide Othello and Jin deeper into the hunting grounds, so they don’t get caught in the crossfire. They need to stay uninvolved.’

For some time now, a healer had been staying at her grandfather Bashiron’s home.

He spoke with Zestia whenever he had time, sharing his wisdom.

After her humiliation and warning letter following the Dark Feast, Zestia’s animosity towards Recardo had been fueled by her conversations with the healer.

Not long ago, she had traveled to the summer residence and taken Permetis on a tour of the hunting grounds.

‘You don’t intend to harm them, do you? If they find out, they’ll surely kill my mother and me.’