Chapter 12

“It’s not a big deal if Taylor goes on a rampage.”

Othello, who won the boys’ hunting contest, was very excited.

However, even though they were in the same barracks, Jin’s expression didn’t look like that.

“……”

“Why don’t you say anything, Jin. He dropped out at once, that bastard. I mean he surrendered…..”

“It was on purpose.”

“What?”

Othello twitched his eyebrows.

Jin licked his lips with cold eyes.

“You’re deliberately hiding your abilities, Evan Taylor.”

The Taylors of Light were one of the four most influential and powerful families in the empire – a family with the ability to illuminate the world.

In the family, the person of family lineage called ‘heir’ inherited the strongest power, such as Jin in Winchester and ‘Evan Taylor’ in the Taylors family.

“What do you mean? You mean that kid lost on purpose?”

“I couldn’t feel that clear-blue power of light.”

Jin recalled the time when he faced Evan Taylor, who was half a hand shorter than himself.

Othello deliberately quarreled with Evan, and people gradually gathered around them.

It was common to use a hunting contest as an excuse to throw a punch at a guy you didn’t like, and it was an interesting topic to fight between the fledglings who would carry the future of the Taylors and Winchesters.

Evan drew his sword as if he couldn’t help it.

With jet black hair and blue eyes, he seemed to think everything in the world was boring….. A face that was not suitable for his age.

“I’m sure it could have been used.”

At that time, Evan Taylors’ sword did not show the slightest hint of light – not even a glow.

The power of a “human” is “human weakness”, so there had to be a limit that could not be overcome.

However, special powers such as ‘Black Flame’ and ‘Pure Light’ gave ordinary people power to the extent that they could not be matched.

Therefore, not using “Pure Light” when dealing with the Black Flame of Winchester meant that he had no will to fight at all.

“Ha. No way…. There’s no reason the kid should be like that.”

Jin’s lips twitched.

“….. As if it was something he didn’t want to deal with.”

Evan dropped his sword at Othello’s blow. It was a confrontation that ended in an instant.

‘I lost.’

But there was not the slightest hint of embarrassment on his face.