Chapter 13

It was understandable since I’m the only daughter of the Winchester family.

That… … By the way, wasn’t the tone a little strange just now?

How dare you? My daughter? ….. Duke Recardo had only seen me three or four times in my lifetime, so those were improper words to utter.

When Duke Recardo hugged me, I blinked and held onto him with all my might.

“What do you mean, Father?”

Othello raised his eyebrows in surprise, and Jin also hardened his eyebrows.

“You said Sasha got some kind of invitation?”

Recardo gave Othello a cold wink, as if telling him to stay still, and Othello kept his mouth shut, but clenched his fists.

Duke Chenoa looked at me with a frown on his face.

“Ha, daughter.”

Just by making eye contact, I felt a sharp energy, so I pressed my body close to Duke Recardo.

As if responding to Chenoa’s words, I could see that the black aura was getting thicker behind Duke Recardo.

“Are you talking about the child you’re carrying with you?”

From a while ago, the description that didn’t suit him kept following him.

Well, I had to admit this as well.

“The leader of the attackers had the same cursed mark as those who attacked this child, behind his ears.”

Recardo responded.

The head in the sack must have belonged to an ally of the people who attacked me earlier. For example, a point of contact to report the success or failure of the work.

“Check it.”

As the Duke of Chenoa chinned, one of the enlisted men checked what was in the sack.

Then he looked at the duke and nodded.

Duke Chenoa looked at Recardo with a distorted expression.

Recardo asked in a firm tone. “Can you recognize the shape of the stigma?” Recardo moved his lips with cold eyes and continued, “…… Kaisa’s Curse.”

The hall started to stir up loudly.

I couldn’t remember what Kaisa’s curse was, so I just listened to people’s words.

At the mention of the term, Chenoa’s face turned red and he immediately argued.

“This is a conspiracy! Kaisa’s Curse is a spell that has already disappeared 100 years ago. How dare you attempt to slander the Taylors by inscribing the brand of that curse on my enlisted men….!”

And only then did I recall the word ‘Kaisa’ I had read about in <Taylor’s Home>.

The four families did not always have equal power, and more than 100 years ago, the Winchesters of Darkness were originally persecuted.