Chapter sixteen

"Sorry for what?" I said to him confused. "Sorry I couldn't protect you from him..." my brother said with a sad tone. I stay quiet for a bit... "Don't say sorry" I tell him. He looks down and fiddles with his hands. "Listen our mom was horrible, but our father was a monster..." My brother said.

"You got left with him... I regret every day that I couldn't be there for you..." my brother adds. I felt tears enter my eyes... I didn't want to cry... "It's not your fault our parents were horrible..." I say to him.

My brother looks back up at me and he had tears coming down his eyes. "You didn't deserve it..." my brother said. I felt saddened... I did not want to cry... "We both didn't deserve it..." I say to him trying to reassure him. 

I try to speak again but my brother jumps to me. ingulfing me into a tight hug. I hugged him back with the same amount of tightness. "I missed these" my brother said sniffling and pulling away. He wiped his tears away and laughed.

I smiled at him softly... "Yea... Me too" I say softly. "Remember our old neighbor? Mr. Sterlin?" my brother says. I nod remembering those memories I had about our old neighbor. "God... He hated us... Remember when we would chalk up his house walls?" my brother adds.

"Brother! What if he catches us!" I shout whisper to my brother who had decided it be fun to draw on our neighbor's wall... "Oh, come on! his house needs a bit of color anyway!" my brother says to me.

He then handed me a pink chalk that had been worn down a lot. I sigh looking at our neighbor's house... Oh goodness... If he finds out, we decided to draw on his walls... We would be dead the next morning...

My brother was already drawing. I had no idea was he was drawing but it seemed to be... A L sign and the words 'Bozo.' I sighed in defeat and started drawing on the wall. But I first wrote the words 'Sorry' on it first.

"We got into so much trouble..." I say with a laugh. My brother nods laughing some more but then he sighs. "I am glad we found each other again..." my brother said. I nodded and smiled bigger. 

"Well... Want to do some sibling bounding?" my brother said. I tilted my head a little confused. "Go explore the city" my brother adds to his words. "I can't" I tell him, and he then seemed confused. 

"There are missing posters everywhere for me... And Quackity and Wilbur are still out there... So, if you are right about them..." I add. "Oh, yea true forgot sorry..." he says with an awkward laugh at the end.

I then saw a look on my brothers face change and he said "hey I will be right back..." I nod and watch him walk away like he had before. I stood there patiently curious of what he had to do. I looked back at my father journal.

I picked it up and decided to throw it away. I walked inside the kitchen and went to the trashcan. I threw it away and sighed. My father couldn't hurt me anymore... He was in the deepest parts of hell now...

I then heard walking back and saw my brother. "Hey... Question...?" I ask my brother. "Yea sis?" my brother said responding to me. "What is your whole plan?" I ask him. "Plan" he repeats what I had said to him.

"Yea what was your plan once you found me...?" I ask him. He gives an "oh' face and says "I will tell you later" he responds. I nod and he smiles patting my head and seeing I threw away father journal. 

He looks back at me and smiles. I don't know why but the thought of my friend Rosana came to my mind... I kind of wanted to go and see her. It had been a while... And it be nice to see her due to all that has been happening...

"Hey bro, I need to go somewhere..." I tell him and he looks at me confused. "But you said-" he started to say but I cut him off. "I will be safe " I tell him, and he seemed skeptical but nodded.