Chapter fifteen

I then turned around and entered my old room. It still looked the same but cleaner... I saw my small twin sized bed. I sighed and sat on the bed... I had a lot of memories in this room... I sighed and laid my back on the bed.

I was actually started to miss my bosses bickering... My villain side... I hadn't even been on a villain trip in a while... I don't know what is happening anymore... 

I sighed again and breathed in and out trying to calm down. I closed my eyes waiting for the darkness take me as it has taken me before...

"I want to be a hero when I am older!" I told my brother. "A hero?" my brother repeated what I had said, and I nodded. "Why a hero when you can be a villain!" he spoke. "Why would you want to be a villain?" I ask him.

"It would be so fun! Think about it! Don't have to follow the rules" he responds. "But heroes help people! They make people happy!" I say trying to defend that being a hero is better. "Heroes suck..." my brother responded to me.

"No, they aren't!" I say with a little anger in my voice. "If they truly were good, they have helped us..." my brother says quietly. "Help us?" I repeat my brother had said to me. "Yea... They would have saved us from our own monsters..." he says.

I knew what he had meant... Our parents... "Maybe they just don't know?" I tell him. "Oh, trust me they know..." my brother responds with a sad tone to it. I stayed quiet but put on a smile. "Well when I am older, I will be a better hero!" I speak.

My brother looked at me and smiled. "And I will be the villain you have to stop" he said with a laugh at the end. I stand up and hug my brother. "I love you bro" I say to him, and he says, "love you too."

My eyes had started to open I felt the piercing light of the sun come through the window. I yawned and sat up and looked around the room. I stood up from the tiny bed. I walked out of the room looking for my brother.

I walked down the hallway into the living room. I looked into the kitchen, and he was not there. Where was he? I entered the kitchen and walked to the fridge and opened it. Old beer bottles... I am surprised they hadn't even demolished this place yet.

The roof looked like it would fall any second. As I was thinking this, I heard walking and turned around. I saw a police officer...? But he looked absolutely terrified... I then saw my brother right behind him. "What are you doing?" I ask my brother.

"You will see" my brother responded grabbing the guy and going to the downstairs of the house. Why the hell did he have a police officer? My brother then came back from the downstairs. "Good morning sunshine" he said with a smile. 

"Morning" I say and glance around the room once again. "Are you ok?" my brother asked, and my attention went to him. "Yea... It just been a while since I have been here..." I say to him. "Oh, well alright" he says as he walks past me.

I sighed and my brother turned around and looked at me. "Today we will unlock your power" my brother said. "Unlock my power? But you said I had to have some side-" I started to say but he cut me off. 

"Yea side effects but then I realized you already experienced them..." he says. I raise my eyebrow in confusion, and he says, "You started to hallucinate, so that means you're ready!" 

"Ready...? Ready for what?" I say to him confused. "You have to kill someone" he says easily. "Kill someone?" I say to him while my eye twitches a little. "Yep" he says with ease and no hesitation. 

"Who exactly...?" I say to him with a little hesitation. "The guy down there" my brother said pointing to the basement. "No" I say to him while shaking my head no. "What why?" he says with confusion.