Chapter 8: Wizards Pupil.

Back in Osgiliath. Things were going from bad to worse for the Gondorians. Despite the best efforts of Faramir who fought valiantly. 

The Orcs kept coming and they didn't stop coming. Hopped into the city and they hit the ground running. Didn't make sense for the Gondorians to win the battle. 

Faramir was fighting alongside Summer and both were tearing apart the Orcs. But with every Orc a Gondorian killed, two more appeared to take that Orcs place. 

Faramir and the rest of the men kept running. "Come on, Summer. We need to regroup." He called. 

"Faramir!" Madril yelled over to Faramir as Orcs chased after him. And Faramir could see his rangers armed with their bows and he pulled himself and Summer out of the way as the arrows let loose and killed off the Orcs in front of them. 

"We can't hold them. The city is lost." Madril informed.

And Faramir could see how right he was. Despite his brother taking back the city, Faramir could see how the battle was lost. Their only hope was to get back and regroup at Minas Tirith. "Tell the men to break cover. We ride for Minas Tirith." He said silently.

As the Orcs continued their rampage and slaughtering Gondorians, there was something that was about the make the Gondorians day even worse. The Dreadful screech of the Nazgul, as confused Men all looked around to hear the screeching of several Nazgul and their Fell Beasts as they took out a few Gondorians on the high ground and picked them off. 

"Fall back! Fall back to Minas Tirith!" Faramir yelled. 

And on that note, all the Gondorians started into their full retreat, including Madril who ran along side his men and the Fell Beasts all swarming down like vultures when seeing a squirrel. But it would be short lived as he tried to duck one Orc swing of the sword. But was quickly hit by another and he fell to the ground injured. 

The rest of the Gondorians all got on horses and the ones that couldn't get on horses all ran for their lives.

"Retreat! Retreat! Run for your lives!" Faramir shouted.

Madril however layed injured and gasping for air. Right as the Orcs all moved slowly through the city of Osgiliath. Gothmog in particular stood over Madril with a group of other Orcs who were all wondering what they would do with the injured Man. Gothmog stood over Madril, then yanked a spear out of another Orcs hand and thrust it down on Madril through the chest. And that was the end of Madril. He breathed in heavier trying to grasp for air, until he was still. The breath going out of him as he passed. 

And Gothmog looked at it like a triumph. Phase 1 of their plan was complete. Now it was all to use Osgiliath as a staging ground for their attack on Minas Tirith. "The Age of Men is over. The time of the Orc has come." He declared. 

The Nazgul in the meantime were dealing with the fleeing Gondorians trying to flee over the Fields of Pelenor. 

"Keep going! It's the Nazgul!" The soldiers were all yelling. 

The Fell Beasts all swooping down and trying to grab off the Men. One Fell Beast ripping a Man off his horse in its claws. Faramir ducked his head. They were completely exposed. He could also see Summer running next to him.

Back over to Minas Tirith, only one Horse had ridden out. Shadowfax and being ridden by Gandalf along with Pippin and Arya. And both Pippin and Arya could see the Nazgul terrorizing the Gondorians. Not that Arya blamed them. She remembered when she and The Hound saw the Nazgul on Weathertop and The Hound had fought them off so they could rescue Sansa.

"Yeah... they fly now." Arya thought. Although she had to ponder why the Nazgul didn't just fly to try and get the ring from Frodo in the first place. But there was more of that later. Over the walls of Minas Tirith, crowds of people all gathered to see what was going on over the walls.