Chapter 5: Minas Tirith.

Back along the woodlands, a convoy of elves rode slowly along the path through the woods. Among them was Arwen. The Daughter of Elrond who was journeying to the Grey Havens on a ship. To leave Middle Earth forever. And she still remembered the words of Elrond as she rode. "Take her by the safest road. A ship lies anchored in the Grey Havens. It waits to carry her across the sea. The last journey of Arwen Undomiel." 

As Arwen rode on her horse, to her left, a strange sight appeared before her eyes. A child running across the path. With long hair and a white shirt and pants. Arwen watched him run into what looked like a room. With an older looking Aragorn with grey hair standing and looking out of a window.at The child running over to Aragorn, who turned around and swung the boy up in his hands, turning around with him. Arwen watched as the boy looked down into Aragorn's face. Aragorn kissed him on the forehead and then laughed. The child stopped to look directly at Arwen. Almost as if Arwen and the child had the same eyes.

And Arwen could also see the Evenstar around his next. And it could only mean one thing. She was looking at her son. Her son with Aragorn. But remembering her Debbie Downer Father's last words to her. "There is nothing for you here. Only death." And it wasn't the truth. There was something else. Something to live for. 

"Lady Arwen. We cannot delay." An elf known as Figwit informed Arwen despite the fact they were walking a half a kilometer per hour. But Arwen decided to turn her horse and gallop back to Rivendell. 

"My Lady!" Figwit tried to call after while the rest of the Elves continued on their journey. 

Arwen had rode across the bridge at Rivendell. She rode up to Elrond's house. Dropped her cloak and then ran up the steps, determined to have a few words with her Debbie Downer of a Father. 

"Tell me what you have seen!" Arwen demanded her Father who was reading something on the terrace.

"Arwen." Elrond stood up acknowledging his angry daughter. 

"You have the gift of foresight. What did  you see?" Arwen asked. 

Elrond paused for a brief moment. Then he continued. "I looked into your future and I saw death." 

"But there is also life." Arwen pointed out.

Elrond looked away back at the balcony without an acknowledgement. "You saw there was a child. You saw my son." Arwen accused as she walked up to Elrond. 

"That future is almost gone." Elrond said sadly

"But it is not lost." Arwen countered and still holding onto hope.

Elrond continued to be the Debbie Downer that he was. "Nothing is certain." He said as he sat down again in a defeated slump. 

"Some things are certain." Arwen replied going down to Elrond and making him turn to her. And now knowing what had to be done. Something that should've been done long ago. "If I leave him now, I will regret it forever. It is time." 

What Arwen was referring to was the sword of Isildur. The shards of  Narsil. The blade that cut the ring from Sauron's hands. She looked down at the sword. And remembered the words. 'From the ashes of fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be the blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be King.' 

"Reforge the sword. Ada." Arwen begged. 

Elrond had walked away without a response. To think about it. But as Elrond walked away. Arwen started to breathe in and out. Falling onto a chair and dropping the book in her hands. Feeling her fingertips. Elrond went back over. And felt Arwen's hands. "Your hands are cold. The life of the Eldar is leaving you." He noted as he looked at his daughter worried. Arwen's fate was now tied to the Ring.