Genesis Arc - Ch. Twenty-Two: Pathways of Mastery

Zacznij od początku

---

In the ethereal realm of her mind, Jingliu faced a challenge like no other. Here, in this constructed battlefield, her adversary loomed large and formidable – the Flint Emperor, its form shrouded in black smoke, with fiery orbs orbiting it menacingly.

The Heliobi's voice thundered through the space, sending vibrations through the ground. "You possess power, perhaps rivaling Y/N in strength. However, in prolonged battles, your resolve falters," the dragon critiqued, its words echoing in Jingliu's mind.

Jingliu bristled slightly at the truth in its words. Her combat style had always favored swift, decisive encounters, a stark contrast to Y/N's endurance in drawn-out battles. This realization dulled her pride but sharpened her focus.

The Flint Emperor rose into the air, its massive form casting a daunting shadow. "Show me your prowess once more," it commanded, igniting the tension in the air.

Responding to the challenge, Jingliu summoned her burgeoning ice powers, attempting to cool the environment. However, the heat from the dragon's fireballs remained undeterred, creating a heated battleground.

With a bellow, the dragon unleashed its fireballs at Jingliu. They soared toward her with both speed and predictability, a deliberate move to test her control over her frost abilities.

Jingliu conjured an ice shield, but the impact from the fireballs was too much. The shield shattered upon contact, and she was thrown backward, gracefully regaining her footing after being cast aside.

"Hmm... those who face me often unlock hidden depths within themselves. Yet, you seem restrained," the Flint Emperor observed, landing back on the ground, its hindlegs thudding heavily.

The dragon fixed its fiery red gaze on Jingliu, who looked down, ensnared in her own doubts. "What burdens cloud your thoughts?" it asked, its voice devoid of emotion but filled with a curiosity that sought to understand her inner turmoil.

Jingliu's eyes, when they finally met the dragon's, were filled with a turmoil she couldn't articulate. She felt stuck, unable to advance or retreat in her own mind.

The Flint Emperor, sensing her internal struggle, flared its aura, a shower of ashes cascading around them. "Come forth with your sword. Challenge me with your full might, and I shall meet you with talon and fang," it declared, its intention clear – to push Jingliu beyond her current limits, to help her find the answers she desperately sought within the heat of battle.

---

Y/N found solace in the secluded beauty of Xianzhou Luofu, a lush forest cleaved by a massive river, marking a distinct division between the vibrant greens and earthy browns, as if two seasons were held apart by a watery barrier.

Dressed in a skin-tight suit that accentuated his toned, yet not overly bulky, muscular build, Y/N blended with the environment. His attire, complemented by practical blue cargo pants, was chosen for its mobility – essential for training in harmony with his greatsword.

Behind him, an immense waterfall cascaded down, its roar blending with the sounds of the surrounding nature, creating a symphony of peace and tranquility.

Perched atop a large rock, Y/N sat cross-legged in deep contemplation. He clasped his hands before his mouth, eyes closed, pondering his next move. He had ventured here to train, yet a sense of stagnation clouded his thoughts.

"It would be better to train at Waterscape, but I doubt Dan Feng would appreciate that," Y/N mused aloud. The Scalegorge Waterscape, sacred to the Vidyadhara, would not be ideal, considering the potential collateral damage his training might cause.