Chapter 14 'Tension'

I was grateful, for Zio didn't bring up last night's incident

I was grateful, for Zio didn't bring up last night's incident. I was in the moment, relishing his company.

Good moments don't last long and just like that he left after our dinner.

But I stayed seated in the kitchen for a while as I collected my thoughts. I finally came to a conclusion that, indeed, yesterday was another of my episodes and I have been hallucinating.

And me, not yet getting used to living alone, was feeding into my schizophrenia.

That's it... that was all it was. Nothing more.

I skipped my classes today, but I don't want the same for tomorrow, so, I reluctantly got up from the stool and headed to my bedroom. In the bathroom, tying my hair up in a bun I removed my makeup, after brushing my teeth I took my meds and got into an oversized t-shirt.

I own quite a lot of oversized T-shirts but none of them are mine.

They are all the ones I stole from Cain whenever I was mad at him. Well, who am I kidding? It's just an excuse to justify my doing... I smirk at that thought.

Anyways, he owes me one more of his t-shirts for making me mad this time. Serves him right.

I get cold feet easily during autumn, especially at night as I tend to throw the comforter aside while sleeping. So, I wear a pair of fuzzy white socks and drag my body to the bed.

Getting in a comfortable position, I close my eyes. 

.

.

.

Entering the library, my eyes wander, searching for a closed off space to sit in. Liz nudges me with her elbow, "Let's sit over there," her smile filled with mischief.

Before I can take a step, she walks past me and I see where she's leading us or to be specific... to whom she is leading us.

"Hey, Jacob. Mind if we sit here?" she asks Jacob and before he can even answer, she slides in the second seat across from him.

That was rude. I pass Jacob an apologizing smile and a scolding eye to Liz, to which she only shrugs.

"Pleasure." Jacob answers and then I sit in the chair next to Liz.

The very second after answering, he goes back to studying. I spread out my own stuff on the table same as Liz, and start my own work.

Jacob's a senior, in his third year of business school and a part of the college's football team. He's quite studious when it comes to his studies, the same as me, outside of that, he's friendly but is selective social, loves animals and a sweetheart.

We study for an hour and half, with me, disrupting him with my little confusions regarding my subject as a whole.

To my relief, he didn't see my questioning as an inconvenience but an opportunity to touch up with previous subjects... just like I said, he's a sweetheart.