10||trapped memories

Start from the beginning

"But we are talking about the moon here; in real, if we check, I am no moon, I am just...just Kabir." His shoulders slouch down.

"That is enough to make you understand. You're Kabir, a human, not something untouchable, far from her reach. She looks at you with love. Believe me, I have myself been aware of that look," a pained smile etches her lips.

"Your husband?"

She nods, "He looked at me like that. At times he wouldn't even blink his eyes, memorizing every facial feature of mine, yet he would be looking at me like he is seeing me for the first time."

The silence prevails in the air. The only sound is the distant noise of night insects roaming in the darkness, filling the silence. Just then, the ringing of a phone disturbs the setting. Kabir's eyes brighten, lips tilting with a smile. He looks at Kiraz, watching her smile encouragingly at him.

Kiraz gets up, dusting off her pants, excusing herself, giving her friend privacy.

She tiptoes into her room, pressing her lips inwardly, opening the door silently and locking it. The light from the night lamp cascades a shadow of her on the wall. She brushes her fingers against her son's forehead, removing the tresses. His small face squeezed on the pillow, perking his lips. The peacefulness on Veer's face warms her heart.

Sometimes she really hates herself so much. For snatching his father away from him. She did a crime, no, a sin. Reyansh who doesn't even be aware of Veer's presence. Veer, who grew his five years without the shadow, shelter, and protection of a father's arm. She has always been driven by the urge to take Veer to Reyansh. Every time she stopped, the memories of him killing the man brutally flash before her eyes.

Reyansh will never hurt Veer. She knows, but the darkness attached to him will take her son into it.

A sob comes in her throat. She presses her lips to surface it, gulping the surging emotion.

Often times, to make herself feel better, and hate herself a little, even if her heart has died a death of a thousand, she wished Reyansh to get someone better than her. To have a life with someone who is not her. Be happy with her and have...

The other part she never dared to think. A tear leaves from her eyes. God, she loves that man. She loves him so much. She wraps her arms around her son, letting sleep take over so she could see him again in her dreams. We all deserve to escape from the painful reality.

A new day welcomes itself in Nirvan with the new member added to its abandonment. Mira sits herself on the sofa sipping the tea, Parvati buried her nose in her phone, her wrinkled fingers scrolling through the screen.

"I still can't understand this Instagram." She grumbles under her breath, which doesn't go unnoticed by her mother-in-law.

"Who told you to go through it?" Mira taunts her daughter-in-law.

Parvati twists her lips secretly, ignoring her mother's comment.

"We should go to this place." Just when she was able to concentrate on the app, her attention breaks towards the youngers. She puts her phone aside, looking at them.

"Where are you all going?" she inquires.

Kritika lifts her head from the laptop screen, looking at the elder women, "For lunch after roaming the town."

"Just be sure where you are eating." Mira advises, looking at the group from the brim of the cup. The yesterday's incident has put her to concern about her family's food intake. Non-veg food goes against her cultural beliefs.

Vedant says, "Don't worry, dadi, we are looking for a pure veg restaurant." It was easier at their place since they know it like the back of their hand, but with a new place comes its own hurdles.