Unleash the beast

That same night
Jughead's POV
I was arriving home and I couldn't stop thinking of the title my dad gave me 'Serpent king' It almost suited me perfectly. I know I'm a soon to be dad and published author but part of me couldn't resist hearing it. 

"Betty?" I yell to double check if she made it home yet. 

"I'm in the babies bedroom." She yells making it sound like she was forever a way. 

I walk in the room and see her sitting on the floor trying to assemble a tiny bassinet. Her belly was so big the bottom of it laid on the floor with her. 

"Why didn't you wait till I got home, I could've helped you." I said sitting across from her picking up the directions. 

"She won't let anybody help." Archie said irritated as he laid on the floor in the corner. You can tell he was getting frustrated. 

"I'm pregnant not disabled. I can do it by myself." She said as she waved her finger at all of us. Veronica laughed making Archie laugh too. 

"Okay well, we gotta head out, Archie and I need to go talk to my dad about something before tomorrow, see you later B." Veronica said as she walked out of the bedroom grabbing her hand as a goodbye. 

"Bye Betty." Archie said grabbing her hand too. 

"Bye, thank you guys for coming today." Betty said as the redhead and his queen took a step out of the door. Off to figure out there own mysteries. 

"Hey Betty I need to talk to you." 

"What's up babe." She said giving me her full attention putting down the Philips screwdriver down. 

"So I went to meet with my dad today, and I thought we were just going to lunch, but it turns out he wanted to ask me to join the serpents." Once I said it I looked down at her to see her reaction. To be honest I thought she would be fine with it but I was wrong. Her smile lifted from her face and floated away. 

"No!" She said as she struggles to stand up. I get up first to help her and she grabs my hand to get up straight. 

"What do you mean no?" 

"Jug, you have no idea what serpents actually do, who we are. Babe they are dangerous, they fight first as questions later they are brutal and..." 

I cut her off 

"Wait then why the hell are you with them?" She lifts her shirt showing me her tattoo. 

"There my family and I'm with them for life. Being with them means dedication. The only reason that I'm not going to meetings now is the human growing inside me, once I'm done carrying our son, I have to go back regularly and I love being a Serpent but we are going to be parents and one of us has to hold the safety bar so this baby doesn't grow up an orphan." 

"I thought I was your family too." 

"Jug, you are. The initiation for the Serpents is brutal, it was for me and for guys it's worse." 

Hearing those words just brought me anger and fear. I don't know how to react so I storm out of the room and make my way to the living room and push everything off the side table and go outside.