The elephant in the room

Jughead's POV
"Mom!" I scream as I walk in the diner. 

"What's going on what happened?" 

"Relax everyone is okay, we were just robbed." 

"Oh my God!" I here Betty say under her breath. 

"Do they know who it was? Who would want to rob this place it's not exactly breakfast at Tiffany's." 

"I don't know but he had a gun and took off with $500 from the safe." Alice say frustrated and shook up. 

"Okay we have what we need. We need you guys to come down to the station to make some statements. How about tomorrow?" I here from a voice hovering behind me. 

"It sounds good, sheriff Minetta." Alice says. 

As he's walking out he stairs at Betty for a second. 

"Who are you?" He asks  her. 

"My names Betty, I think I'm gonna stay here for a while." 

"Your a Serpent?" 

"Yes sir." Betty responds. 

"Well I don't need you snakes in my town you coming to town the same day as a robbery, doesn't seem like a coincidence?." 

"She was with me all day Minetta, how could she possibly do this?" I say defending Betty. I know I've only known her a day but she has a good heart and I know she's not capable of hurting anyone. 

"Besides the person who robbed us was a man no doubt." Alice comments. 

"All Serpents have more than one in their coil. She could've had a friend. 

"Not me I'm alone!" Betty reply's with a deadly look and Minetta leaves. 

"Betty who are the serpents?" I ask. 

"Their my family. They took me in when I was on the streets and gave me a place to call home. Their a group of bikers." Betty said answering me but sadness fills me realizing she hasn't had it easy. 

"A gang? So is it possible one could've done this." I ask trying to put my feelings aside. 

"What! No way we keep our noses clean and there all the way back in Riverdale." She says. 

"Riverdale." I repeat. 

"Yeah, that's where I grew up." She says. 

"Why does that sound so familiar." I reply. 

Alice and Gladys's look at each other in fear. Alice with tears in her eyes. 

"Okay Betty, why don't we officially get you started working here. You'll need to sign a few things." Alice says interrupting and wiping her eyes. 

"Okay great." Betty says.